Opus support? {Implemented with a 3rd party plug-in by thinktink)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinktink
    Forum King
    • May 2009

Sounds like a silent background update to remove the false positive.
    | Opus Audio Codec plugins 2.0 | Embedded Album Art | DiskWrite |
    | Save your playlist first! | Live voice-over | X-Fade 2.5 |
    | AterKast (Source DSP) | More of my stuff... |

Comment

• kzuse
      • Oct 2005

I have another question.

What exactly is the file "ShellExecAsUser.dll" for, which is included in the installer? Is it installed alongside the other files or is it only part of the installer?

Thank you!

Comment

• thinktink
        Forum King
        • May 2009

Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
        I have another question.

What exactly is the file "ShellExecAsUser.dll" for, which is included in the installer? Is it installed alongside the other files or is it only part of the installer?

Thank you!
        It is only for the installer.

Comment

• kzuse
          • Oct 2005

Thanks!

Comment

• kzuse
            • Oct 2005

Whereas it works like a charm on Windows XP, I can't get it running on Win 7 (32-bit)...

It seems it doesn't find the opusfile dlls, although I see in ProcessMonitor that they get read by winamp.exe.

But in bpopus's about box, it says "Opus library not installed".

Where have the files to be placed in Win7? Not inside the Winamp Program folder unter .\opusfile?

Under XP this works perfectly (I manually extracted them from the installer).

Thank your for any advice!

Comment

• thinktink
              Forum King
              • May 2009

The opus library files should be getting installed into "%PROGRAMFILES%\Winamp\opusfile".

The installer also includes a Winamp compatible opus encoder that also loads the files. If you remove enc_bpopus.dll from the plugins folder and the opusfile libraries aren't loaded anymore then it means I didn't update in_bpopus.dll load path, but that's a bit odd since the the load path is coded in the same file that is shared between the separate projects (it's a load dynamic encapsulation unit) so I would be a bit be-puzzled if that happens.

Comment

• thinktink
                Forum King
                • May 2009

Attached is a special build of the plugin that will pop a message box that should point to the full path of the Winamp executable. Extract it and temporarily install it into the \Plugins folder and 1) Tell me what it says; 2) See if it works.
                Last edited by thinktink; 5 July 2013, 06:04.

Comment

• kzuse
                  • Oct 2005

Thanks... under Win7, it pops up and says "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" two times on Startup of Winamp.

But, still it says "Not installed" for the opusfile Libraries and opus Playback doesn't work. I have both in_bpopus and enc_bpopus installed in the Plugins folder. I also have the "opusfile" folder correctly located under Winamp's Program directory.

As I said, if I investigate with "Process Explorer", I see that those files also get loaded into memory. Maybe they are incompatible with Windows 7?

Under XP, everything is fine! Whether with the build 36 or with build 37 (which only pops up one time under XP, and it says "C:\Programme\Winamp\winamp.exe" as under XP the Program Files directory was localized to German, not so in Windows 7!). Under XP I can play opus files perfectly.

Strange issue...

Unfortunately I am on a business trip from tomorrow until Wednesdeay so I cannot further investigate at my home PC (which is the one that runs Windows 7) until then.

Thanks for your effort!!!

Best regards,
                  kzuse

Comment

• thinktink
                    Forum King
                    • May 2009

Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
                    Thanks... under Win7, it pops up and says "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" two times on Startup of Winamp.

But, still it says "Not installed" for the opusfile Libraries and opus Playback doesn't work. I have both in_bpopus and enc_bpopus installed in the Plugins folder. I also have the "opusfile" folder correctly located under Winamp's Program directory.
                    Damn, this must mean that for some reason either Win7 is remapping calls or I screwed something up on the dynamic search and load for the support libraries.

When you get a chance, install the attached build 39. It will (if successful, other wise it will beep insistently until Winamp finishes loading) create a log file named "OpusLibSearchLog.txt" on your desktop. Attach that file in your next post.
                    Last edited by thinktink; 5 July 2013, 06:04.

Comment

• kzuse
                      • Oct 2005

Hi thinktink,

thanks for the experimental Build. I ran it on both my XP and my 7 machine. (Both 32 bit, both German OS and German Winamp):

I attached both files.

The only difference is the path and the fact that Win7 seems to do the Plugin search twice. But it really seems that he can find the DLLs and read the files but somehow, he refuses to load them. In the about box of in_bpopus, it still says: Not installed.

Strange thing....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• thinktink
                        Forum King
                        • May 2009

That's interesting...

Comment

• thinktink
                          Forum King
                          • May 2009

Close Winamp, delete the old log, extract and install the newly attached and post the new log. I have a suspicion that the libraries are not loading but why I don't know. This new one will log the OS error codes from the calls to load the libraries.
                          Last edited by thinktink; 16 July 2013, 01:34.

Comment

• kzuse
                            • Oct 2005

So.... it seems Windows refuses to load libopusfile. I guess this has something to do with ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) or DEP (Data Execution Prevention) or DLL rebasing or any combination of these three, which play an important role in Windows 7 but not so in Windows XP.

See attached log file.

The message
                            "Error: 998 Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich."

is in German and could be translated more ore less like this:

"Error: 998 Disallowed Access to a memory address"

And ideas?
                            Is libopusfile to blame?

I used the one from your installer package....

Have you managed to get the plugin running on a Windows 7 (32 bit)?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• DrO
                              • Sep 2003

last time I saw that error code when loading a dll was due to the file being corrupted.
                              WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• kzuse
                                • Oct 2005

Hmm... I don't think it's corrupted. I extracted it from a ZIP, which should have thrown an error if the checksum was incorrect...

I also double-checked the files on my XP machine and on the Windows 7 one (with both CRC32 and MD5) and they are definitely identical...

Comment

Working...
                                X