View Single Post
Old 4th September 2005, 21:49   #305
JPLEWIS01

Does anyone have any C# sample projects or complete script samples I can get my grubby mits on. I'm a noob with respect to C# even worse when it comes to COM interop and I'm just not getting it, I've spent too many hours today trying and all I've managed to come up with is this:

using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Runtime;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

namespace WinAmpTest
{
class WinAmpTest1
{
public static ActiveWinamp.MediaItem MI;
[STAThread]
public static void Main(string[] args)
{
string fname = @"c:\WATEST\ape.mp3";
ActiveWinamp.ApplicationClass WA = new ActiveWinamp.ApplicationClass();
MI = WA.LoadItem(ref fname);
WA.Play();
Console.Write(MI.Artist);
Console.WriteLine(WA.GetWaVersion());

// Keep App window open till enter pressed
Console.WriteLine("[Press Enter]");
Console.ReadLine();
}
}
}

All it does is start Winamp and plays the loaded track and displays a long of the version which appears to me to be meaningless. At the very least I had hoped it get the Track Artist but the MI object only contain a filename. I'm certain due my inept understanding and coding skills I'm missing some code but the docs are rather light right now and all the samples I've seen for VBScript are not helping me understand how to do it.

Ulitmately what I want to do is start Winamp and load an item into the playlist. not that hard really but I'm stumped.

Eaxactly what I want to do is be able to stuff data into the Shoutcast Source plug-in Title and URL metadata fields. the only way I've found programatically to do it so far is to load Winamp trigger a changestatus event and have the plugin detect it. If someone has complete scripts I can get hold of that show the whole picture for VBSCript I would be most appreciative. I've tried about 8 VBscript samples so far and just seem to be missing something.

Many thanks
Phil
JPLEWIS01 is offline   Reply With Quote