View Single Post
Old 20th May 2007, 04:36   #1
AlanS

New Media Library Organizer (ml_org)

Hey everyone! I have a plugin that will physically move and organize all of your media library files for you, much like what iTunes does.

This plugin was originally developed by Jason Heddings back in 2005 (His post about this is http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=211918). I contacted him and he gave me permission to continue his project after sending me his code. So now after two weeks of messing with it, it's finally ready to be posted and tested here.

To run the plugin and organize your files, all you have to do is click on the big "Library" button and go to "Organize Media Library". I also added the feature to right click on a track or artist and go to "Send To -> Organize Files" to organize certain files. Also make sure to check the configuration dialog because it contains lots of cool features.

In case you are an old user of ml_org and you would like to know what changes I made, here they are:

*Updated for Winamp v5.3
*Added the "Send To -> Organize Files" feature
*Added the ability to use a "Base Path"
*Added the ability to copy the files instead of move them
*Added the Bath Path Cleanout feature (With Confirmation)
*Included a fancy folder select for the Base Path
*You can now delete duplicate files (With Confirmation)
*It continues to organize if there is a trivial error
*Fixed various bugs
*I also got rid of the SYS_CHAR replacement, the replace spaces and the remove empty folders in the configuration dialog -- but left them in the winamp.ini so they still work if you wanted to use them. Removing empty folders works by default.

The only thing I don't know how to do it create an installer for it, so that I can submit it to the plugin section. If you know how to do that, please tell me.

Tell me what you think! If you have any suggestions just post them here and I will probably include them in the project. And if you find any bugs, be sure to let me know.

The source code is included with the dll.

You NEED at least Winamp 5.35

Last edited by AlanS; 20th May 2007 at 05:15.
AlanS is offline   Reply With Quote