X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ciccillover
    • Sep 2001

I can't get the Winamp widget to list among the available ones on my home screen. Tried reinstalling Winamp multiple times to no avail. I often use my Android phone as a player in my car (through the aux input of my car stereo), and this is a feature I can't live without.
    Using Winamp free version (for now), on my Star B63M (Android 2.3.6).

Comment

• ciccillover
      • Sep 2001

Ok, I found the solution. If Winamp is installed to the SD card instead of the internal memory, the widgets are unavailable. This can happen on different models, too.

Comment

• kustodian
        • Mar 2006

You should never install any application that has widgets which you would like to use on an SD card. This is not an issue with Winamp, but a general limitation of an Android phone.

All newer Android phones have a lot of internal memory, so App2SD will never need to be used in the near future.

Comment

• ShaleZero
          • Jun 2012

The new version seems to have broken headset controls in Gingerbread. All button presses are now registering as double presses, so pausing a song only pauses it for half a second, until the phantom second tap registers and it starts playing again. Likewise, skipping a track now skips two tracks.

Comment

• zabolots
            • Feb 2012

1.3 still forgets playback position

Seriously, after all this time between releases and this bug couldn't be addressed?

If I'm playing a track and stop in the middle, quit Winamp and then start it up again, it forgets where it left off and plays from the start of the track. This issue has been around forever even though several previous releases were supposed to have fixed it.

Now I have to choose which is more important to me: functional headset controls (requires 1.3) or remembering playback position (I'll have to manually install the old 1.1.1 APK which is the last version that remembered playback position).

Come on guys, I'm begging you: please fix the playback position issue!!

Comment

• FALCON-LORD
              • Jun 2011

Winamp Updated to 1.3.1 and my phone started complaining about low available memory (HTC Aria android 2.2) So I moved winamp to the SD (New Feature, how useful) The Widgets stopped working, so I removed the Widget and went to re add it but it was not available. I moved winamp back to the phone and tried again. The Widget was still not available. I uninstalled and re-installed, the widget is still not available.
              I did not check if the widget was available before moving the app so I don’t know if it 1.3.1 or moving it to the SD, but it looks to be pretty broken now.

Comment

• FALCON-LORD
                • Jun 2011

Update on this… A Re-boot and the Widgets are available

Comment

• christophe2009
                  • Jun 2012

Album art problem?

Since the last few days' updates, album art doesn't seem to be caching like it used to. As it was, I could go to browse album or whatever and all album art would appear instantly. Now, it takes a few seconds to appear. It's the same when scrolling through tracks when it's on shuffle - there's some lag before the art appears and, if I scroll through a few tracks at once, it seems to get some sort of backlog, whereby it'll momentarily display the art for the previous track before catching up with itself. It used to be so smooth with album art - what's changed?

I'm using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S running Android 4.0.3.

Comment

• DJ Egg
                    Spectral Techorator
                    • Jun 2000

@christophe2009

Yup. We're working on fixing it :-)

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• Ambient.Impact
                      • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by ShaleZero View Post
                      The new version seems to have broken headset controls in Gingerbread. All button presses are now registering as double presses, so pausing a song only pauses it for half a second, until the phantom second tap registers and it starts playing again. Likewise, skipping a track now skips two tracks.
                      I'm also experiencing this problem on my Nexus S with CyanogenMod 7.2.0. Hope it gets fixed soon! So frustrating.

Comment

• zabolots
                        • Feb 2012

Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
                        Seriously, after all this time between releases and this bug couldn't be addressed?

If I'm playing a track and stop in the middle, quit Winamp and then start it up again, it forgets where it left off and plays from the start of the track. This issue has been around forever even though several previous releases were supposed to have fixed it.

Now I have to choose which is more important to me: functional headset controls (requires 1.3) or remembering playback position (I'll have to manually install the old 1.1.1 APK which is the last version that remembered playback position).

Come on guys, I'm begging you: please fix the playback position issue!!
                        Turns out that not all my devices are having this issue. My current Motorola DROID RAZR has it (with both Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich). My previous Motorola DROID2 had it (Gingerbread). However, I have an old Motorola Bravo (Froyo) that functions correctly with v1.3 (i.e. if I quit Wimamp in the middle of a track and restart it, it will resume playing from where it left off rather than going back to the beginning of the track).

I'm willing to help debug this issue. Is there any way to get logging information for Winamp to see why on my DROID RAZR it won't resume from the previous location in the track?

Scott

Comment

• frank rabbit
                          • Jun 2011

Problems with the new version of winamp 1.3.1 for android. im using a sony xperia ray with android 2.3.4

crashing. winamp crashes every time the screen switches to landscape and then i try to switch back to portrait. every time. this only occurs when music is actually playing. my biggest annoyance with this is the problem has been occuring for every version winamp has put out. i have filed bug reports through winamp itself etc and again for this version but still no fix. its been about a year now.

album art rendering. album art rendering with this new version is now slow. everytime i open my album list or song list the embedded artwork takes an age to load up. the album art now appears in my android gallery so im guessing something has been changed, however it has to load the album art everytime. this is not a good user experience for me. the album art also now seems to be of a lower quality as if its not rendring properly. in past versions it was crisp.

I dont seem to have any problems other than those two, but im sorry those are pretty major problems.

Regards

Comment

• frank rabbit
                            • Jun 2011

an update on this...

this morning i changed from the official sony gingerbread rom to cyanogenmod 9 RC.

winamp does now not crash at all when the screen rotates.

i still however think this is a bug that winamp should correct for sony offical rom users. winamp was almost unusuable with that bug and it was never fixed by the winamp guys.

i filed about 10 bug reports of it yesterday alone so hopefully someone might bother to take a look.

thanks.

Comment

• toneknob
                              • Jul 2012

Hi,

I use WinAmp Pro for Android, using version 1.3.2 currently on my HTC Desire S. I am right in thinking that the Back/Previous track control button's behaviour has changed recently?

I'm sure it used to take me to the beginning of the current track (like you'd expect on a CD player). Now it takes me to the start of the previous track. "Correct" behaviour is of course debateable, I like the old way though, I'm more likely to want to start the current song than go back to the beginning of the one before it.

Any chance the button could revert to its old behaviour, or at least have the behaviour selectable by a user option?

Thanks!

Tony

Comment

• sabret00the
                                • Feb 2006

When is ICS compatibility coming? I have a huge menu button at the bottom of my player.

Comment

Working...
                                X