View Single Post
Old 24th November 2006, 13:57   #41
upsfeup
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO
I assume you are talking about the missing files / playlist extensions. That was really funny. Which version of windows are you running? Winamp version? No error messages when you load winamp? You haven't removed gen_cue.dll from the plugin folder?
I'm running windows XP SP2, Winamp 5.32 and no errors. gen_cue.dll is in the plugin directory.

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO
The problem could have been the message box asking you to restart winamp that somehow wasn't displayed on top, but instead got minimized. Can look into it.
Humm never saw any message box. In the meanwhile I've restarted the computer and no messages box or whatsoever appeared.

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO

I assume you are talking about notepad, and changing it from UTF8 to Unicode in the save options. Unicode in notepad is in fact UTF16 or at least some kind of 2 byte unicode. UTF8 should load the files but will be unable to show them properly. I haven't come across any 2 byte cue-files, but if you all think it is frequently encountered I could add it to the todo list just after making the entire plugin unicode-aware. Currently only the FLAC-part uses wide-strings but it must convert back to whatever encoding I use when Winamp queries.
I use Editplus but I think it uses a similar method while saving. And as you said, UTF8 loads but does not show the right symbols. 2 byte unicode files seem to simply be ignored. Since I listen to some Japanese music it would be a nice feature. But still.. In the other day I tried to add unicode to an old program I had made and it wasn't that simple...

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO

I currently don't have my stuff with me so the development has been kinda on hold.

Yes, it caches.
No hurry, is not something that crashes my computer!

In that case: a clear cache button would be great!
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote