• May 2001

have you ever watched milkdrop...

... on weeeeeed.
  • Nullsoft Visualization Developer
    • May 2001

it also looks nice at 4:00 am... =)

Comment

• Jun 2001

Yessss, I have tried geiss on weed, and I practice it every now and then (ok, I do it often). It's just f*cking amazing.
      I've only tried MilkDrop once, but all shows it's gonna be my next favorite sport
      I only wish Ryan adds that 'seeing the music' feel to it that geiss has.

Comment

• Jun 2001

Soon the presets will emulate the old Geiss style(that is what I am doing for one). Keep checking the forums under Presets etc as this is all governed by the presets.

The more people that ask for old style (tarted up) presets the more we will get.

Cheers,

rovastar aka John Baker

PS Weed is surely the only way to understand MilkDrop......
        "Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com

Comment

• Major Dude
          • Jun 2001

I would imagine LSD would be better for milkdrop than grass. I haven't tried it myself (it's been a while), but it seems promising

- Krash
          Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.

Comment

• Jun 2001

Originally posted by geiss
            it also looks nice at 4:00 am... =)
            Did you mean to say 4:20 am? Or your just saying it looks good when your tired?

Comment

• May 2001

get some nice trance and techno music going, fire up a bowl, maybe grab some E and awwwww yeah. although I do think Geiss is better for the weed, for some reason, Geiss seems as if it's taking you on a journey, while MilkDrop is just fun to look at.

Comment

• Jun 2001

Originally posted by Maduin
                get some nice trance and techno music going, fire up a bowl, maybe grab some E and awwwww yeah.
                That's exactly what I like to do, although I haven't tried anything beyond weed.

for some reason, Geiss seems as if it's taking you on a journey, while MilkDrop is just fun to look at.
                I agree, mostly. With Geiss, there's that absolutely mind-blowing sensation when, at some point, the images stop being just images in a monitor to become a full-blown always-moving ever-changing dreamlike landscape in which you feel completely immersed. You can sense depth (to mention a 'normal' sensation) and other things that can't be well described in words, like seeing the music and 'feeling' what you see (sounds weird, doesn't it?). Just turn off your conciousness for a while, and feel. It's amazing what the right stimulation can produce while stoned.
                With MilkDrop I can get that feeling, but it seems different. I have to experiment some more with it. Perhaps it's because it doesn' have (yet?) some of the effects Geiss has, like those activated with a, u or s keys (I don't remember the names, they are inside the geiss.ini file). Those gave the image some more clear relation with the sound, besides greater variation in color.

PS: I want to make clear that I find MilkDrop simply ***awesome***, it's just different to Geiss.

Comment

Working...
                X