View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 13:06   #9
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioj View Post
Reading the documentation it seemed had to use SC_Trans...is this not the case?
the docs on the wiki relate to v2.0 and not recent releases and when v2.0 was released, sc_trans was preferred. however every DNAS release comes with a copy of documentation that is correct for that specific release. the wiki will be updated by someone, but it's always best to refer to what's provided with the DNAS version that is being used.

Quote:
What is "supported" anyway?
only the DNAS and the Source DSP. sc_trans is not, it will not see any updates / bug fixes /etc.

Quote:
Is the only option to install Winamp and DSP on the client computer and use that to push the stream?
that is only one possible source option. there's many different sources out there.

Quote:
Which port below does the "source" connect to?
it depends on the source software being used and what SHOUTcast protocol it is using. generally 2.x sources connect on 'portbase' and 1.x sources connect on 'portbase+1'.

Quote:
[MICROSERVER] Flash policy file server not enabled << does this mean the server is not running? How to resolve?
that means it's running fine for how it's been configured. the Flash policy file server aspect is a means to make it possible for better Flash based client players but you generally have to open another port and there's little interest to do such things with the ever growing usage of HTML5 audio based players.

Quote:
Since this is Shoutcast v2 in Edcast and SAM it is looking for a Username but I don't see where one was set in the conf file...did I miss something in the builder?
you can leave it blank as there's nothing in the DNAS to specify a username, it's just something that can be provided by a source to indicate a specific DJ.

Quote:
I have read http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUT..._Started_Guide but it seems if the transcoder (sc_trans.exe) is not available/supported anymore then just how can someone who uses Edcast connect?
you just connect the source directly to the DNAS, the same as how the defunct sc_trans did.

Quote:
I have it running in console-mode but sure would like to get it set up as a service.
run sc_serv.exe /? to see what commands are needed to run it in service mode (or consult the section in the docs provided with the DNAS).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote