View Single Post
Old 28th October 2015, 21:48   #22
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Ok, so, at least with Winamp v5.666 (build 3516) I removed ALL 3rd party plugins (including my own) and did some tests. I tried with both cda://E,1 and E:\Track01.cda and got the same results. Every time you try to use the Transcoder functions on any CD track, any attempts afterward to play CD tracks normally will fail with that message "CD Drive is currently in use". For example, if you try to Transcode a CD track to WAV, MP3, FLAC, or any other codec, it will fail of course, but then subsequent attempts to play will fail with the aforementioned error dialog. If you restart Winamp then you can then play CDs again until the next time you try to use the Transcoder functions of in_cdda.dll

But with X-Fade installed it's a bit different:
  • If you try to play cda://E,1 it will play fine.
  • If you try to play E:\Track01.cda it will fail with the error. Subsequent attempts to play E:\Track01.cda will fail twice.
  • If you try to play E:\Track01.cda it will fail (once or twice) and then also fail on cda://E,1 (twice) afterwards.
  • If you try to Transcode cda://E,1 it will fail but not produce the error dialog. But it will still play just fine afterwards.
  • If you try to Transcode E:\Track01.cda it will fail with no error dialog. Any subsequent attempts to play back any CD track will also fail with the error dialog.

So you CAN play CDs with X-Fade installed, just only use cda://[drive letter],[track #] and never try to Transcode CD tracks.

However, these results indicate something is wrong with in_cdda.dll plugin.

P.S.
I found an error with Volume/Pan handling while doing these tests (man-in-the-middle failover doesn't happen very often on my machine) and should be releasing an update that addresses it soon.

Last edited by thinktink; 28th October 2015 at 21:49. Reason: number phail
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote