View Single Post
Old 1st October 2012, 14:37   #436
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi SilverBird775,

I'm still enjoying v.0.53.test.02. I forgot to mention I noticed a bigger variation in the playback start delay on my system using the enhanced resampler. In exclusive mode, when the "Free device when idle" option is enabled the delay is about 65 seconds. When this option is not enabled the delay is about 35 seconds. Of course, it is also about 35 seconds in shared mode.

I guess checking for idle extends the setup time for the enhanced resampler. Maybe you can delay the idle checking until after the enhanced resampler is setup. Then the start delay may take close to the same time, regardless if the "Free device when idle" option is enabled or not.

I don't understand why this option is provided. Why would there be a need to free the sound device in exclusive mode anyway? Sorry if I missed any explanation for this, earlier in the thread (like I did with the Loudness War discussion). I only had this option enabled, because it needed to be in v0.52, to allow mixer matrix changes to be saved between WA sessions.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote