X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSinatra
    Forum King
    • Dec 2004

thanks DrO and Egg and all the other devs.

I use winamp all the time. its the best for what I like to do. I hope this is only a temporary ending.

but I just want to reiterate my appreciation to all you guys who helped me and listened to me and made the best player better, and also to Frankel who was smart enough to get the ball rolling.

thanks!!!
    PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
    --
    BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
    Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
    Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• CJ_Man
      • Aug 2008

Same here. Thanks for all your efforts guys. Now try to relax and have a great xmas and new year.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
        Forum Queen
        • Nov 2010

"Now try to relax"... I don't know, if I am able to relax, maybe not right now... A great xmas? Without the Winamp-Website and without the old Winamp Forums?... But yes, I have a wish for xmas, and You all know, what I wish, there is no object to touch, there is some virtual. I think, I am not the only one, who has this very special wish for xmas...

I have just downloaded again all the installer-setups. I am always making enough backup-copies, and You should do that, too, onto all Your computers, USB-Sticks, external harddrives, DVDS, but also on more than only 1 filehoster / cloud (for private use), in case the house or apartment could suddenly burn. Sure, also filehippo.com, oldversion.com, oldapps.com & co have the installer-setups, but I prefer these setups directly from winamp.com and the old forums.

I have to say that again and again: Thank You all for Your very good work!... I will miss You all very soon...
        Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
        Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
        AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• ravermeister
          • Feb 2009

same here!!!
          but anyway I will continue to use Winamp,
          one of the best software pieces ever made!
          lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
          www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

Yes, ravermeister. I myself will do that, too. No other media player is so good, only Winamp...
            Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
            Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
            AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• MrSinatra
              Forum King
              • Dec 2004

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
              --
              BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
              Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
              Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• DrO
                • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                A plethora of fixes.
                that's scary seeing all of the changes / fixes in such a way as looks like about what would have been fixed over a 2 year period but done in around 3 months. maybe now I can get some sleep...
                WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Victhor
                  Late skinner & Moderator
                  • May 2003

· · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Koopa
                    16-Bit Moderator
                    • Apr 2004

So finally the final release, good job, DrO.

As for the German language pack shipped in that version, I've spent a lot of time to verify the whole package, to prevent the issues, we saw in the last build.

We tested things and it it was now safe to remove graphic files, which are not translated. Winamp is using the English graphics from the main files now. This reduced the whole size of the language pack.

Additionally I've verified the accelerator tables, removed unneeded accelerator tables, verified the styles of the dialogs and fixed a lot of typos and tweaked some things, which includes all of the user feedback I got as well.

That is the best German language pack version I've ever done, so safe the best for last, huh?

The external version: http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch

was updated as well and the Winamp-de-de.wlz is now identical with the version shipped in Winamp. The installer will now remember your holiday skin settings, I've fixed a lot of glitches in the installer and it adds localization for DrO's 'ML Exporter' plugin.
                    My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                    German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                    Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• OlexijL
                      • Jan 2004

Why the size of installer is smaller than the one before?

Comment

• Chrissyx
                        • Jul 2006

Great final release, I salute you!
                        I like "silly devs"!

At the going down of the sun and in the morning ...
                        we will remember Winamp ♥

Comment

• DrO
                          • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
                          Why the size of installer is smaller than the one before?
                          because of optimising the language packs and sometimes just due to how the dlls have been built, it may compress better than what was built before it.

Comment

• eagle2013
                            • Jul 2013

After updating to 3516 the problem is in the font playlist.
                            defaults to 11 pixels Arial, but when I go to the video menu item, font is thicker and bigger. Also, the audio item and all items are then thicker and bigger. Setting but still shows 11 pixels and arial. When I stay on the audio item and not switch to the video item, fotn is ok.
                            I installed back to 3512, there is everything ok.
                            I use modern skin

Does anyone similar problem?

Comment

• DrO
                              • Sep 2003

i assume you mean http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=193 and would suggest trying the workaround mentioned in my replies if that is what you mean.

Comment

• harimenon89
                                • Apr 2008

wheres the "Color Themes" menu under the "Options" Dropdown? is it shifted to a different section?
                                Hari

Comment

Working...
                                X