View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:00   #11
Stupifier
Major Dude

Ok, I filled out the form but I just wanted to post my suggestion here as well for the public to read. I believe it is a REALLY cool suggestion:

App currently supports linking to Desktop Winamp via Wi-Fi....but ONLY for sync/transfers. Add more robust functions with this linking ability. The sky is the limit here. For example:

1. Use Android device as remote control for Winamp Desktop controls. For example, do things like this app does:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/awc.java

2. Ability to transfer current live playback of song/playlist to and from Android device. Meaning, a currently playing song on Android phone can be paused and playback be sent to Desktop Winamp to continue where the Android phone left off. Vice Versa supported as well. This would create seamless, uninterrupted playback for those transitioning in listening environments (Transition from Android playback in Car to entering home listening).

3. Expand the linking capabilities to more than Wi-Fi. Make it possible to connect Android Winamp App to Desktop Winamp over IP as well. This way access is NOT limited to location.

These features would put the amount of control and power FAR above anything else on the market...seriously! I'm drooling as I type this post.

#1 is already out on the market...the link I provided is IMHO the freakin BEST app out there for remote control of Winamp
#2 is especially interesting to me.
#3 is for those that do not use/have Wireless Routers.