View Single Post
Old 12th October 2004, 04:32   #8
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well, now I guess by what you just said above that in your case, Windows is set NOT to show file extensions, and that needs to be changed. You never told me what Windows operating system you are running, because the procedure varies from op sys to op sys.

Regardless, consult this page > Configuring Windows To Show Extensions and follow the procedure for whatever operating system you are running.
Quote:
I'll look into Mozilla, I've been told in the past to use Netscape but that's so slow!
LOL! I'm not talkin' Netscape... I'm not talkin' just any old Mozilla browser either. I'm talkin' Mozilla Firefox - a speedy and efficient browser. With Firefox your Winamp skins (and anything else for that matter) will download correctly. There's no erroneous MIME file type guessing, as happens with the IE browser. Firefox has a very intuitive built-in download manager. AND... Firefox browser is completely skinnable. The skins are referred to as "themes". Some really cool themes too.

Finally, the topping on the cake....
You can control Winamp directly through the Firefox browser > FoxyTunes

Screenshot of my Firefox browser current configuration, using the Noia 2.0 Extreme Theme (skin), and also showing the Winamp player controls on the status bar at the bottom of the browser.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote