View Single Post
Old 9th October 2007, 21:26   #5
DrO

Quote:
* New: Fully translatable Localization support
* New: WLZ (Winamp Language Zip) filetype support
* Misc: Removed deprecated .LNG Language file support
More details regarding this and how you can make your own language packs will follow shortly (i've got to sleep at some point ). The main thing is that 5.5 provides us with a chance to set language packs on a level from the start and yes this does mean that all existing ones have been deprecated (i'm sure someone will have a go at me about this) but with the mass of changes to winamp.lng this would have been needed anyway to ensure users get all of the fixes.

We know that there are some quirks (alignments in language packs aren't 100% at times) and issues (mainly down to the design of the modern skins though there is an image remapping system in place which makes it a lot easier than distributing the whole skin again) but overall the WLZ System (v1.0) and support for localisation throughout the player is all there as you will see from the bundled language packs

And for those of you who've been wondering what i've been doing for the last few months, well is it along with all of the misc tweaks/fixes documented in this and the last few winamp releases.

<< WLZ information placeholder >>

-daz