• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dopelabs
    Major Dude
    • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    Can I suggest you rename the ads files so they appear on Twitter as station ID's - that way you can use them to advantage.
    yes changing the ad audio filename and/or metadata to something more friendly like the station name is one option..

if you are contractually obligated to have a specific titles for the ads, i have updated the scripts on the github page to include support for not tweeting if it contains the text you specify.

see $adtext configuration item

Comment

• Busby
      • Apr 2004

Fab
      Go easy on me...
      https://1mix.co.uk

Comment

• REY619
        • Feb 2010

Originally Posted by dopelabs View Post
        yes changing the ad audio filename and/or metadata to something more friendly like the station name is one option..

if you are contractually obligated to have a specific titles for the ads, i have updated the scripts on the github page to include support for not tweeting if it contains the text you specify.

see $adtext configuration item
        Thank you for this.
        Yes, I have to set a specific metadata for the ad files to make them trigger.

Comment

• aubs89
          • Jul 2016

DopeLabs i cant seem to get the song to twitter script to work
          i have put the correct info in

Comment

• dopelabs
            Major Dude
            • Oct 2006

have you checked your web server and/or php error logs?

are you able to see the song title if you view the script in a browser?

Comment

• skr1107
              Banned
              • Aug 2018

Hello are you still taking requests for your Twittercast website? I not too long ago started a new radio station and would like to get set up with that as well.

( it only took me 4 posts to start spamming before i met)

Comment

• dopelabs
                Major Dude
                • Oct 2006

sure.. register then send me the email address you used to register in a private msg here...

Comment

• Jeannuel
                  • Sep 2018

Hi, this script works with XAMPP? Because I tried and I only get a blank screen when I open the shoutcast.php and it doesnt post to twitter.

Comment

• dopelabs
                    Major Dude
                    • Oct 2006

yes it will work with apache and php..

check your php and apache error log files

Comment

• Busby
                      • Apr 2004

Hello, I need some help please.

Last week my host moved my server to a new datacentre - the IP stays the same, but since the move it's not posting to Twitter.

I have no idea why this should happen as the text file is still being updated and the only other thing that's happened is the sever was powered down for the move.

I checked the problem isn't the cron not running as it still doesn't run if I view the file in my browser. I also checked the twitter widget is still active.

Can you suggest anything else I can check please as my knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance..
                      Go easy on me...

Comment

• dopelabs
                        Major Dude
                        • Oct 2006

is it the same host or did you migrate your data and services to a different system in a different datacenter, only retaining the ip space?

is this a dedicated server or a shared host? you may want to ask your hosting provider if theres any network or firewall rules that block outbound requests to twitter...

also the httpd access and error logs, and the php error logs.

you might also want to make sure if using a title text file, that it is writable by the webserver...

Comment

• Busby
                          • Apr 2004

It is the same host and physical server, it was simply moved from one datacentre to another hall next door.

The server is a dedicated server and not shared hosting.

The only thing that's happened is the server was powered down, moved to the new location and powered up again. It was down for 13 hours.

It's possible the move and the loss of Twitter connectivity are a coincidence.

The text file is writable as it's updating as normal 'fr1.1mix.co.uk/twittercasttrance/shoutcast.php'
                          Go easy on me...

Comment

• dopelabs
                            Major Dude
                            • Oct 2006

and the access and error log files?

Comment

• Busby
                              • Apr 2004

Sorry, just discovered they have been turned off since 2017, so will need to investigate then check again..
                              Go easy on me...

Comment

• Busby
                                • Apr 2004

Discovered the logs didn't stop, the server clock was wrong.

Can't see any errors:

[IP hidden] - - [24/Sep/2018:22:53:01 +0200] "GET /twittercasttrance/shoutcast.php HTTP/1.1" 200 420 "-" "Wget/1.18 (linux-gnu)"
                                [IP hidden] - - [24/Sep/2018:22:53:01 +0200] "GET /twittercasthouse/shoutcast.php HTTP/1.1" 200 393 "-" "Wget/1.18 (linux-gnu)"
                                Go easy on me...

Comment

Working...
                                X