View Single Post
Old 26th September 2007, 14:46   #26
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Lets get clear about some stuff. The world would be a better place if Saddam was still the brutal dictator of Iraq and our Army was at home in barracks. "Stability" is not synonymous with American interests. It is a fair approximation of "profitable for the oil cartel" but that's
not something I particularly give a flying fuck about. If Iran actually got a nuclear weapon and decided to threaten us with it we might remind them that we have several thousand of those puppies, mounted on a variety of technological delivery platforms, and if they really want
to play in that league, a believable threat or an actual action could lead us to converting them to a wide expanse of glass.

There are a number of people on the right wing of American politics who actually believe that there is a danger of the Caliphate reconstituting itself and forcing us to bow to their god. I never thought I would have to say this but there is no danger whatsoever of that. Iran does not, by any stretch of the imagination, constitute an existential threat to us. Neither does the entirety of the Muslim world in concerted effort. This continuous fantasy terror has just got to stop. It's foolish.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote