Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n0On3
    • Jan 2001

ok, don't worry, if you have other things to do, just leave this and I will manage. thanks for the project

Comment

• sethradio
      • Oct 2011

You should add file/directory select features to it.

Comment

• nicorac
        NSIS Dialog Designer Author
        • Apr 2011

Version 0.9.11 released

After a long silence a new update to NSISDialogDesigner is finally available.

The most important added feature is the support to DU (Dialog Units) when generating NSIS scripts. In fact DU is now the default choice; you can revert to pixels through Tools | Options dialog.
        Definition files (*.nsddef) files were not affected by the change, XML will always contain pixel units.

Originally Posted by sethradio View Post
        You should add file/directory select features to it.
        Here you are...

v.0.9.11 - 2012-02-11
        • NEW: NSIS scripts (*.nsdinc files) controls position and size values can now be selected between DU (Dialog units, the new default mode) and Pixels.
          The default coordinate system mode can be set into Options dialog.
        • NEW: Added 2 new controls: DirRequest and FileRequest.

NSISDialogDesigner is available here: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/nsisdialogdesigner
        Author of NSIS Dialog Designer

Comment

• Afrow UK
          • Nov 2002

Just something to consider but it can be desirable to mix dialog units and pixels when creating controls. For example, you may want an image placement which has its size in pixels but its position in dialog units. Similarly you may want a label to the right of the image which has the same height in pixels. Also how about percentages?

Stu

Comment

• nicorac
            • Apr 2011

When I was planning the implementation of multiple coordinate systems I was looking for a case where an user could need mixed coordinates... and your example is what I missed.

I'd leave pixels inside XML, just because .NET works in pixels only and I don't want to mixup things and reinvent the wheel.

Now, how could I let users specify the coordinate system to use?
            I'd like to give them the maximum flexibility, i.e. X in pixels, Y and height in % and width in DU, for each control.

This is my idea: a CoordinateSystem property in each control, with 4 sub-properties X, Y, Width, Height.
            Accepted values for each sub-prop are: DU, Pixels, Percentage, Inherit (default).
            "Inherit" means "Will use the containing Dialog settings".
            This way the dialog is the new repository of the default coordinate system setting; and it is preserved when shared between two developers with different Tools | Options | Coordinate system settings.

What about it?

Comment

• Afrow UK
              • Nov 2002

That sounds ideal.

Stu

Comment

• thpang
                • Feb 2012

Will there be the ability to import current .NSH files that are dialogs and then use the design to manipulate them?

Comment

• Anders
                  • Jun 2002

Originally Posted by nicorac View Post
                  Definition files (*.nsddef) files were not affected by the change, XML will always contain pixel units.
                  Is this a good idea? You can go from dialog units to pixels but not back (At least not on a different system config since it depends on the font)
                  IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1

Comment

• nicorac
                    • Apr 2011

Originally Posted by thpang View Post
                    Will there be the ability to import current .NSH files that are dialogs and then use the design to manipulate them?
                    This requires parsing NSIS script code and interpreting control creation.. not so easy and prone to errors, because you can create a button in (at least) 10 different ways; just think about a FOR-NEXT cycle to create 10 identical buttons...
                    I'm going to complete INI file import; INI file dialog definition is well structured.

Comment

• nicorac
                      • Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Anders View Post
                      Is this a good idea? You can go from dialog units to pixels but not back (At least not on a different system config since it depends on the font)
                      .NET is pixel based, so changing this behaviour requires a lot of work.
                      The only case I see this useful is a development team where developers have different DPI settings (and they share the same .nsddef files).

Comment

• nicorac
                        • Apr 2011

Version 0.9.12 released

Version 0.9.12 released

NEW: Added "Percentage" to the available NSIS coordinate systems.
                        NEW: Selection of NSIS coordinate system is now possible at control level, and for each component (X, Y, Width, Height). So now is possible to have different coordinate systems for different controls. Controls coordinate system default value is "Inherit"; this means that by default each control is rendered using the same coordinate system as the containing dialog.

Comment

• nicorac
                          • Apr 2011

Version 0.9.13 released

v.0.9.13 - 2012-03-09
                          FIX: Wrong code generated for MaxLength property of TextBox control (thanks to fabpolli for bug report).

Comment

• nicorac
                            • Apr 2011

Version 0.9.14 released

Added new "Checked" property to RadioButton control.
                            I also added the possibility to create more than one group of RadioButtons (remember that only one RadioButton can be checked inside a group).

RadioButtons are grouped by their container; default container is the dialog.
                            If you need more than one group you can add RadioButtons to a GroupBox (if you need border and title around the group) or a Panel (title and border-less).
                            Please note that Panel has no corresponding NSIS control, so no NSIS script is generated for it.

NOTE: please check TabOrder of RadioButton controls, because it must be correctly set (WS_GROUP style is applied to the first RadioButton of each group).

Comment

• nicorac
                              • Apr 2011

Version 0.9.15 released

v.0.9.15 - 2012-04-13
                              FIX: NullReference exception thrown when adding an HLine or VLine control.

Comment

• Romuald35
                                • Apr 2012

Help for a little job: launch exe files by a quick menu

Hello,

I'm sorry for this question, but, it's very late and I've passed a long time (few hours ...) on the forum, website, etc ... to find solution

My need is basic.

I need to create a launcher program to instal other program who already exist.

There will be 3 pictures (Logo for program1, program2, ...), 3 buttons (launch setup1.exe, setupe2.exe ... ).

I don't understand what I need to write in .nsi

Could you give me an example ?

Thanks a lot

Romuald

Comment

Working...
                                X