X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dJivad
    • Nov 2004

This is the most exciting news since the launch of the Interwebz.

Comment

• musicf8
      Major Dude
      • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
      I hate win8 and the metro look. I can understand wanting a metro ver for say a tablet or phone, but given how MS is, metro might not even port to win9, who knows?
      Very true, rumors are that the metro apps are going to be windowed in windows 9/threshold, but they are supposedly allowing unity between the windows phone apps and metro/windows8/modern apps, time will only tell.
      Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• Sabine Klare
        Forum Queen
        • Nov 2010

Why not still the old beautiful Desktop Look from the XP / Vista / Win7 Times?...
        I belong to the people, who hate Win8 & the Metro Look...
        Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
        Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
        AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• micronicos
          • Apr 2005

Classic skin rocks!

I've always stuck with the classic skin, Winamp doesn't feel like Winamp in any other clothes
          Regards,
          Nico Morrison LONG AGO! (2021)
          Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
          INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]

Comment

• wernerml
            • Nov 2010

Yeah!

Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
            Linux needs such good Music Player. A Linux version of Winamp will be nice.
            I have a Virtual Machine with Windows 7 running in my Linux -> JUST FOR WINAMP (99,999% of it's purpose)

Comment

• micronicos
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by VIPer View Post
              All plug-ins, skins and visualizations in one place (use the Google Translate):
              Каталог обложек, подключаемых модулей и зрительных образов для Winamp.

Hard to tell what will work with 5.666 though

Still, a great resource in this time of change.
              Regards,
              Nico Morrison LONG AGO! (2021)
              Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
              INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]

Comment

• Bytemann
                • Jul 2010

Is this way Winamp has stopped working?? No searched stations will play!

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                  Forum Queen
                  • Nov 2010

Someone else has reported that in another thread, too:
                  Howzit....Whatzit...what tha...? How to tune up, and keep your Winamp player humming along. Search this Forum to find others who have driven down your road and have advice and tips to help you out.

I can only suggest to visit the website of the radio station itself and open or save the playlist file from there. Although I always save the playlist files onto my PC (I do that in Mozilla Firefox), opening the files directly should work, too.

My own .m3u-file "Radio Streams 2012" is still working:
                  Höre Musik aus der Musiksammlung von SabineKlare (9.774 Titel wiedergegeben). Hol dir dein eigenes Musikprofil bei Last.fm, der größten sozialen Musikplattform der Welt.

But I have mostly only radio stations with my preferred genres in my long playlist.
                  Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
                  Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
                  AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• flatop
                    • Feb 2014

You people are AWESOM thank you.

Comment

• blackhalo
                      • Feb 2014

Just signed up to the forums to support this new deal.

Having used Winamp long before Soulseek and Napster were around,
                      it was totally shocking to hear they planned to close the doors... pure corporate blasphemy!

Anyway, I just wanted to point out the ONE reason I can't live without Winamp...
                      that's not to say there aren't a million things I LOVE about it... but this ONE thing really whips the llama's ass!

Ultimate ML Plugin:

I beg of you... if there's any future development of Winamp...
                      please integrate this type of file browser into the core software (icing on the cake: with copy/paste features).

I realize Winamp has a very similar setup in it's core file search...
                      but there's a LOT to be said for organizing our HUGE music collections,
                      in the same manner we're used too with Windows file manager.

This is something that every music player overlooks (Winamp included)...
                      all trying to reinvent the wheel, and doing a mediocre job of it.

What makes software truly loveable is it's ability to feel familiar, and the Ultimate ML file browser does just that (though lacking in features)...
                      it's as close to Windows file manager with a music player built in, as we've ever had.

Please, please, please expand on this basic usability concept.

K, word is born... time to go tune some MilkDrop animations!

Comment

• Andrew Monk
                        • May 2011

Thank you

I had an issue with WinAmp and then heard it was going away. so I started trying other players.....

Thank goodness it is coming back. Good luck!

Comment

• wernerml
                          • Nov 2010

Tree View (A MUST HAVE)

Originally Posted by blackhalo View Post
                          I beg of you... if there's any future development of Winamp...
                          please integrate this type of file browser into the core software (icing on the cake: with copy/paste features).
                          YEAH!!! File Browser (Tree View) style is A MUST for the future of winamp (& or Plugin Developers)

Comment

• sweadklever
                            • Feb 2014

Winamp Dev

Id like to see more activity on the dev side......winamp has been my default player since i was 10....im now in university doing Info Systems and the problem i have is ive done vb.net, c# and other languages but not C++.....i want to do my own plugins but lack of good tutorials is hindering me..

Comment

• tanase_vlad_23
                              • Feb 2014

Winamp dev dudes, please do this one: Whenever winamp is closed, if playlist is changed, please add a confirmation popup or something.
                              It is waaaay too annoying to see that you have forgot to save the damn playlist .
                              That usually being :
                              - the next morning
                              - after friends leave your place (given a great party)
                              - after a dj was here
                              - basically everytime you are happy with the list thus you forget to save it.

keep it on

Comment

• Wildrose-Wally
                                The Albertan
                                • Mar 2001

Put your requests in the Wish List, not the Winamp News thread!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X