View Single Post
Old 16th November 2015, 08:12   #26
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
New "Test" version of the plugin works for me.
(InvokeShellVerb.nsi, both Ansi and Unicode)
Win10 Home, Polish (pl-PL).
Thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Good job! How did you get it to work?
I see you have changed "magic numbers"...
With the help of my DumpStrings tool, I was able to figure out that the "missing" String is in SHELL32.DLL, after all. So I got its ID.

Didn't notice this at a first glance though. Maybe I needed some sleep

The bad news is, that we need to look for a different resource id in Windows 10 than what we need to look for in Windows 7. That's because Windows 10 actually has a "new" string, with a different resource id. The "old" resource id now leads to some other (unrelated) text in Windows 10. The good news is that the "new" id used in Windows 10 has been unused in Windows 7. So we can first try to lookup the Windows 10 string and, if not found, revert to the Windows 7 string. Detecting the actual OS version is not required for now, for this task...

Quote:
Pinning one application works nice. Did you test the plugin in scenario when you have to pin (unpin) for example 10 applications, one by one..
Nope. But I'm confident if it works for one item, it will work for multiple items too...

Quote:
My antivirus software (Norton) was trying to block test installer when trying to pin, I wonder if there is a way to avoid this (I guess not)
Report the false positive to Norton. There is no other way, except for switching to a less annoying A/V product.

A/V software tends to be overly parnoid when it comes to installers

My Plugins: StdUtils | NSISList | CPUFeatures | ExecTimeout | KillProc
My source of inspiration: http://youtu.be/lCwY4_0W1YI
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote