X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kurcevsky
    • Dec 2010

Hello.

Even though I hoped the new version of Winamp would fix the bug, but it didn't. Ever since I've installed Win 7, I've been having trouble with the *.wmv files. It stops working after 57 seconds and winamp crashes. On the other hand, after several reboots it then works for some time, and then again starts to crash at 56, 57 seconds, exactly...

Hope you can find a solution

Win 7 Ultimate, 64 Bit

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: winamp.exe
    Application Version: 5.6.0.3091
    Application Timestamp: 4d00b3a0
    Fault Module Name: in_wm.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d00b3b8
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000062cd
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1060
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Comment

• spyder2314
      • Dec 2010

Winamp 5.601 (build 3091)
      Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins (Also Occurs with Essentials Pack, and Lyrics Plugin installed)
      Language Pack: English
      Skin: Bug occurs with all of Bento, Winamp Modern and Classic skins

Locale: English US
      CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.84 (OC'd) (8 cpu's)
      Memory: 6GB RAM
      Graphics: Dual (CrossFireX) ATI Radeon HD 5770 PCIE's
      Sound: Creative SB X-Fi FATAL1TY Professional
      DirectX 11

Problem:
      Winamp doesn't recognize mp4 video files as library items (does play on iPod; so codec isn't an issue (H.234 and AAC)) in library when syncing to iPod Classic. Says "You have 229 Files that aren't in your Library, do you want to keep them or delete?" or something.

Method of Reproduction:
      1. Plug in iPod Classic
      2. Have Existing Videos in your library
      3. Hit Sync under devices
      Attached Files
      Last edited by spyder2314; 17 December 2010, 05:07.

Comment

• stopasking
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

There seems to be a problem with the latest Winamp not picking up embedded cover art in mp3 files. I have not yet discovered a pattern for which files, but it's only some files. And for all theese files, cover arts shows up in an older version of winamp (from last year).

Also various other software can detect cover art in them (Mediamonkey, Mp3Tag, Songbird...etc) and I have not added cover art to them in any different way. In fact, the way I batch-add cover arts to my files is proof they are all added the same way. And the files in question are not modified from before I upgraded Winamp. The only difference is the Winamp version.

It also does not matter if I add the said files to the library or not. They still have no cover art. And the files have no special characters and the like.

Maybe some certain id3 version bug? (my files vary heavily between id3v1, v2.3 & v2.4)

XP sp3, English
        Latest winamp, English, only default plugins. Bento skin.

Comment

• Cariboou
          • Dec 2010

Well, now after reinstall the Flash Player, with AOL radio nothing changed, or better yes
          AOL isn't avaible in my area that is Ontario-Canada. They want a subscription to lost.fm and after this.... always AOL radio isn't avaible like before in my area. Probably here is better to say forget AOL and goodbye... also why honestly are years that AOL radio isn't avaible.... and we don't know why... but ok let know something about this
          Thank

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

Aol Radio has been a US only thing for quite a while from what i remember which would explain the inability to connect to it.

-daz
            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Cariboou
              • Dec 2010

alwais I use AOL

Yes, since of the times of Netscape, while I live in Italy was one of my best radio and also 6 years ago I used here in Canada, now when I try to connect with AOL with Winamp Pro, Winamp Pro doesn't connect with the server, Shoutcast now working fine but not AOL. For me is enough say.... AOL work only in US and is ok! No problem but Winamp must to say that work only in US area....

Comment

• spyder2314
                • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by joebloggscity View Post
                Winamp 5.601
                Windows 7
                CPU 2.4Ghz
                6GB memory
                Laptop

Phone: HTC Desire
                linked via USB cable to Winamp

Same problem as with version 5.6.

When I right-click under "Devices" on the phone/portable I get the above message? Why is this?
                You may be playing songs off of your ipod while trying to eject.

Comment

• Lelis718
                  • Dec 2010

Winamp Crashes after Samsung Galaxy 5 is connected via USB

Winamp is crashing when samsung galaxy 5 is connected (Android 2.1) in USB / Sata Mode

The visual studio debugger gives me this:

Unhandled exception at 0x6ecc680d in winamp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000049.

My CPU Configuration:

Notebook Dell Inspiron 1525
                  Windows 7
                  Winamp Version 5.6

Phone: Samsung Galaxy 5 (I5500)

Connecting thru USB

I hope i´ve helped

TKS!

Comment

• BrynClarke
                    • Jan 2011

Winamp loses mouse tracking on unusual screen resolution

I have had to use nonstandard screen resolution because of my poor eyesight, and Winamp Bento skin has lost mouse tracking. E.g. When I click on the second entry in my library it thinks I have clicked in the "Search" box which is about an inch or so above. Rebooting does not help.

Classic skin seems to be OK (how do you make it full screen?), but problem exists on Modern, Bento & Big Bento.
                    I have only 1 third party plugin - media file organiser 2.1

-Winamp 5.601 (5.6.0.3091) - ALMOST clean install (it said there was a problem which means ripping & burning may not work properly)
                    -Winamp Language Pack used NONE
                    -System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
                    HP Pavilion m9441uk , Intel 4Core, Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit, UK, 4Gb RAM,
                    -Video Card, Video Card Drivers version Driver version NVIDIA GeForce GT120 driver version 8.17.11.9793
                    Monitor: HP w2448h set to 1680 x 1050 resolution
                    -Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version
                    -DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag) DirectX 11
                    -Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction Click almost anywhere in skin and it does not register in right place, so scroll buttons e.g. don't work.

Comment

• Emanuel Leuname
                      • May 2008

Annoying Shuffle Bug

Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plug-ins
                      Skin: Classic (Maybe on others too)

Problem:
                      Current song changes when shuffle is turned ON (Shuffle hotkey: S)

Method of Reproduction:
                      1. Open Winamp.
                      2. Have musics on your playlist (Five or more is fine).
                      3. Make your main window visible if not already (Hotkey: ALT+W).
                      4. Make sure Winamp is stopped (Not paused or playing) (Stop hotkey: V).
                      5. Turn shuffle ON (If it is already on, then turn OFF then ON again).
                      And current song will change.

Also note that this isn't reflected on Winamp's playlist, which keeps highlighted the same song while main window's song changes.

PS1: This is repeatable doing step 5 more times (Keep turning shuffle off and on).
                      PS2: It doesn't matter if you click shuffle button or use hotkey "S".

Note that in order to use non-global hotkeys, Winamp must be "selected". (Just click anywhere on it)

In my opinion, just turning shuffle on should not change the current song, and I'm pretty sure that previous versions didn't showed this behavior. It's annoying sometimes.

Comment

• alex-the-cat
                        • Jan 2011

problem:
                        the second instance responded VERY slow to the point that Vista thought it had stopped working and asked me what to do.

-Winamp 5.601
                        -Winamp Language Pack used : NO
                        -Winamp skin : morden
                        -System specs (mobo, cpu, ram) : Asus P6T deluxe, i7-920 @2.66, 6GB 1600 DDR3
                        -Windows OS, including Service Packs & Locale : Vista x64 SP2, English (US) locale
                        -Video Card, Video Card Drivers version : Nvidia 9800GTX, 266.35
                        -Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version : onboard (SoundMax)
                        -DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag) : DX11
                        -Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)

1. launch first instance of Winamp and enable "allow multiple instances"
                        2. play a song
                        3. launch second instance of winamp (this will take some time, should've been launched instantly)
                        4. press "shift+L" to load a directory in playlist editor.
                        5. pick a directory with music files (it has only 10 songs in my local C: in this case)
                        6. wait, wait, and wait...

Comment

• MADDSNIPER
                          • Dec 2006

Problem: only playlist window showing when i make winamp the active tab.

-Winamp 5.601
                          -Winamp Language Pack used : NO
                          -Winamp skin : Classic (bento and modern dont have the bug)
                          -System specs (mobo, cpu, ram) : Asus P5N-D, E8400 @3.00, 4GB RAM
                          -Windows OS, including Service Packs & Locale : Windows XP Pro SP3. not sure about locale.
                          -Video Card, Video Card Drivers version : Nvidia 9800GT, 180.48
                          -Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version : emu 1820 latest drivers
                          -DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag) : DX9

1. launch winamp and launch one or more other programs so that the tabs open on the start bar.
                          2. play a song (bug i think may also happen if nothing is playing)
                          3. make one of the other programs the active window so that you can only see winamp showing on the start bar.
                          4. click winamp on the start bar to bring it back to forground so you can see what is happening.
                          5. sometimes (about 10% of the time) only the playlist window reappears and you gotta click winamp on the start bar 3, 4 or 5 times to get it all to reappear.

see my 2 screen shots for exactly what is happening:

http://img403.imageshack.us/i/winampbug1.jpg/ <-- the bug
                          http://img375.imageshack.us/i/winampbug2.jpg/ <-- its ok here

i believe i have been seeing this bug in every version of winamp since 5.5. It didnt seem to excist before then.

Comment

• triggerx
                            • Jan 2011

aaarghhhhs

hi
                            i now use Winamp since it was born..i liked it alot.

but now, after trying houres to install the version that SHOULD work with Android, i hate it.
                            The Name NULLsoft tells alot i guess.
                            i got the same simple problems as all the others here.
                            no fuc`k`ing cheap silly freeware tool to only delete a desktop icon would allow herself to be so buggy.
                            and seems the moderaters from NULLsoft are also not able to have an answer,,fine fine..
                            work on and after ure renamed in FullSoft, i will maybe buy a Product.
                            Thank You

[Moderator Edit]
                            Sorry, but we haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
                            Please read the first post in the thread for details on how to write a valid bug report.

Comment

• mauz
                              • Jan 2011

Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
                              Language Pack: English
                              Skin: Winamp Modern, most likely the others as well.

Locale: English US
                              CPU: pentium D
                              Memory: 2GB RAM

winamp freezes upon start looks like it would be searching for media info in the library, then i cannot do anything but shut it down

please help

thanks

...m

Comment

• Smelter
                                Major Dude
                                • Jan 2004

GUI freeze

Problem:
                                Winamp 5.601
                                Modern skin
                                English

Windows XP Professional (32-Bit)

1) Playback NSV stream w/ VP8 video content.
                                2) Double click video frame, causing 'detach video'.
                                3) Press reattach video button.

4)voila. Frozen GUI. Winamp process must be killed ctrl-alt-delete/rightclick task bar

Comment

Working...
                                X