X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • civicmon
    • Jul 2012

I still can't get my bluetooth headset to properly control Winamp. It will control it if Winamp is the default app but if I switch to another app, like Runkeeper and try to change the song, it'll bring up the stock player.

Also, when it does work and I hit the button to skip, it'll usually skip 2-3 songs like I've hit it 2 or 3 times.

Very annoying. On a Droid Bionic running Android 2.3.4 and no root. Please advise if I am missing something but I don't believe I am. Thanks.

Comment

• Nomad199
      • Jan 2011

Synch from Windows Vista laptop to Android 4 ICS on tablet

I currently have Winamp 5.623 with no 3rd party installations installed on 3 Windows computers at home. I use one XP laptop to rip CDs and download music, which is then transferred to a central location on a network drive. The same XP laptop is used to catalogue and rate the music on the network drive and create playlists according to type (eg chillout, party, workout) etc. I export the entire library and created playlists to the network drive music folder. From there the library and playlists are imported to the other computers. All computers therefore have the same view of the 5200+ music tracks and playlists. Naturally the music folder on the network drive is backed up to another drive ... just in case. Everything works fine. Excellent.

I recently bought a Storage Options Scroll Excel 7” tablet with Android 4.0 ICS and a 32GB Micro SD card, with the intention of transferring the music and playlists to it using the Winamp sync feature. I have installed Winamp pro on the tablet. I discovered that on my two XP machines Windows Explorer could ‘see’ the 8GB internal memory and the 32GB microSD card on the tablet but Winamp could only see (discover) the 8GB internal memory. On my Vista laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1510) both Windows and Winamp could see the 8GB internal and the 32GB microSD card. I therefore used this laptop to try and sync with the Android tablet 32GB microSD card using a USB connection. After 2 or 3 hours all the music and playlists were transferred to the tablet. Unfortunately Winamp appears to have created a playlist for every album too, but those I can delete. More importantly my attempts to play any of the playlists I created (for example the chillout playlist) have so far been unsuccessful. The individual tracks are there and can be played by selecting by album or artist.

Have I done something wrong? I expected the synchronisation to re-reference my original playlist tracks to the new locations on the microSD card but this appears not to have happened. I really don’t like the thought of going through 5200+ tracks on my tablet and putting them into playlists again. Is there a way I can get the playlist synchronised properly on my tablet?

Comment

• sir_mendez
        • Jul 2012

Winamp 1.3.1 play with keep alive option?

Hello...

I use Winamp 1.3.1 (and now 1.3.3) to listen shoutcast stations on the road . My internet connection is HSDPA (3G) and restores automatically on network coverage. Unfortunately, Winamp android can't do this. Still stops. Would not it be better to add an aggressive option "keep alive" or maybe extend the timeout option?

HTC Wildfire S A510e
        Android 2.3.5, 2.6.35.10_htc-kernel

Comment

• rcompton78
          • Jul 2012

I just started using winamp to sync my galaxy s3. I am having problems with the wifi autofill. No matter what I set the percentage limit to, it wants to sync ALL my songs. Any ideas? Is this a known bug. I read someone earlier in this thread say that it works fine when connected via usb. I will try that tonight. Is this suppose to work over wifi??

Thanks in advance

Comment

• fred1976
            • Jul 2012

Features request

Hello,

I have 2 requests to make:

- It would be nice if ït was possible to choose a smaller version of the lock screen, like the android default player (something like 4x1). As it is, it prevents me to use the face recognition on my Galaxy S3, as winamp takes the whole screen.

- It would be nice if it was possible to set the backwards button to go to the beginning of the current song, and not to the song before (this feature exists on poweramp, I believe)

Thanks in advance to consider my requests!

Comment

• Jano59
              • Jun 2012

I have a bug on my Winamp Android, Samsung S3 ICS.

My guess is that the last que/playlist is to big for Winamp to handle. Every-time I start Winamp now it locks up and times out. So I am unable to use my preferred music player.

Anyone knows where Winamp place the que/list/config file ? My hope is to remove the last payed list of music or que file...

I am not sure if I cant get my paid version back if I uninstall Winamp on my phone, seems to remember being instructed not to uninstall or I would then loose my license file/add-ons or so?

Comment

• MyTjoe
                • Sep 2007

Winamp, as do most 3rd party players, shares the playlist with Music Player (factory installed player). I don't know where that is stored (my guess is in RAM and not on SD or internal storage). You can try going to Music Player and deleting the largest playlists and see if that helps.

Comment

• Jano59
                  • Jun 2012

Originally Posted by MyTjoe View Post
                  Winamp, as do most 3rd party players, shares the playlist with Music Player (factory installed player). I don't know where that is stored (my guess is in RAM and not on SD or internal storage). You can try going to Music Player and deleting the largest playlists and see if that helps.
                  I tried to delete the big playlists, but no joy. I seems to be the "last played" music list inside Winamp that's teasing me. Also it seems that the factory player and Winamp does not share this "last played que".

Thanks for the answer anyhow, it certainly was worth a try

Comment

• ppodjames
                    • Sep 2011

Winamp broken on Jelly Bean

winamp crashes on Jelly Bean whenever I try and play a song on my Galaxy Nexus

Its 100% repeatable:
                    1) select any song from the list of music
                    2) press the play button
                    3) winamp closes

Comment

• Jano59
                      • Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Jano59 View Post
                      I tried to delete the big playlists, but no joy. I seems to be the "last played" music list inside Winamp that's teasing me. Also it seems that the factory player and Winamp does not share this "last played que".

Thanks for the answer anyhow, it certainly was worth a try
                      Found a workaround. I could not wait anymore so I uninstalled winamp and winamp pro, restarted the S3 and reinstalled Winamp and Winamp pro.

That seemed to get it running again.

Comment

• Nomad199
                        • Jan 2011

Got the problem solved. After clearing everything off the micro SD card I tried again, making sure I set the synchronisation preferences as I wanted, especially to transfer my playlists. After synchronisation was complete I disconnected the tablet, power cycled it. I noticed when I selected Songs that the song count continued to rise for a while and a circulating icon in the top right suggested continuing activity (Winamp reading the 25GB+ of information?). When the circulating icon disappeared everything seemed to be working fine.

Comment

• iron2000
                          • Mar 2002

Whats this CleanupService I see starting by itself?

Also it would be great if Winamp for Android change to use the Holo UI.
                          Thanx

Comment

• Kafman
                            • Aug 2012

Bug report:

Version 1.3.6

Details:

Samsung Galaxy S3
                            Android 4.0.4
                            Winamp 1.3.6 Pro

The latest version broke the screen look multimedia controls, whenever you lock the screen, the Winamp controls won't show, and when you unlock it, Winamp will crash.

I had send the crash report via the Android crash report, please review this as it is very annoying and I bet a lot of users use this feature.

Awesome, just got version 1.3.7 and now it's fixed. Excellent job guys

Thanks.
                            Last edited by Kafman; 29 August 2012, 20:01.

Comment

• RgnKjnVA
                              • Aug 2008

I've given up on Winamp for Android, uninstalled.

Comment

• kbox
                                • Aug 2012

Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
                                amirdt: those are the few music apps that take the list, shred it to pieces, burn it, and then run their own check for music files.
                                kinda double, since it means your phone will be spending twice as much time looking for media files.
                                Then winamp should take the list, shred it to pieces, burn it and run its own check on music files. I find it hard to believe you're happy for a product as slick as winamp to not be able to filter out ringtones, alert tones podcasts and audiobooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X