View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2009, 06:19   #50
Drewmo

Problems whilst ripping CDs

-Winamp 5.56
-Gateway NV5214, unmodified Laptop (Athlon X2 Dual Core QL64 @ 2.10GHz, 4.0GB RAM, 320GB hard disk)
-Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1
-ATI Radeon HD3200, Driver: 8.582.0.0
-Conexant High Definition Audio, Driver: 4.91.7.51
-DX10

Ok, I dunno if this problem has been reported to you guys or not, as I haven't been able to find anything about this on the forums, so here goes... After I use Gracenote to get the information for my CDs, I (being the anal self I am) correct spelling/grammatical errors using *right click-Edit CD Info...-MusicID tab-click Edit button. Then I submit the info to the server and use the info as my tags before I rip them to my hard disk. On the last couple albums I've ripped to my hard drive, Winamp has skipped a track or two at random. There was even one instance where it ripped a track twice, which was bizarre, to say the least. I have no clue as to why this is; previous versions never did that to me before. And yes, it does put the files where I told it to.
I've also been having some various library problems too: after ripping certain CDs, half of the tracks are propperly tagged, while the rest are tagged wrong (missing an artist/album/year, or getting them all mixed up) or missing tags completely, even in the Windows interface; after manually updating the tags, certain tracks won't go in the same order that they would have in previous versions (artist/album(year)/track number). Though I can correct the ordering problem sometimes by adding the folder that the tracks themselves are stored in over again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
-Drew

Last edited by Drewmo; 2nd August 2009 at 07:19.