View Single Post
Old 30th December 2013, 01:44   #1
massimj

Winamp as sold through the Windows 8 Store

I went looking for Winamp on my Windows 8 laptop, and one big mistake was to look in the Windows store. The first thing was that I had to pay $7.99 for it. That was fair, I used Winamp for free for many years, and it was well worth $7.99

Hold the press: What Microshaft installed on my Windows 8 computer was a far cray from true Winamp. It could do nothing but play the music that was on my PC, and for that, it did a poor job. I was furious that I paid for that crap. I tried to get a refund at Digital River, but that site locked up in the middle of filling out the forms. Then I saw a note about Microsoft, and then decided to just go to paypal to file a complaint with Microsoft. I asked for my money back.
Just to be sure I was not going crazy, I opened Winamp on my Windows 7 PC. That was the Winamp I expected to see in Windows 8, not the crap that they installed for me.

Trust me, it was aweful.

So is Microsoft going to squash everyone else out of business so they are the only one left? Is that how to make it in business, squash your competition?
massimj is offline   Reply With Quote