View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 21:41   #35
helix400

Anders,

Your reply seemed to be directed at MarcOfChaos, but with your blessings, I'd like to help do what I can on this problem as well. I would really like to get this plugin working. Prior to receiving said blessings, I'm going to help anyways.

Attached is a .zip file containng two log files generated from DebugView.

Setup:
Vista SKU - Vista Home Premium
UAC is on
User - A Standard User (I named my standard user account "Peon")

standarduser_regularfolder.LOG is an example of me trying to run your UAC_AdminOnly sample from my C:\download\nsis\ folder. I put in my info into a Run As dialog, it said it needed admin access, so I tried again, it said it needed admin access, so I clicked cancel, and received the NSIS script message that it's aborting.

standarduser_userfolder.LOG is an example of me trying to run your UAC_AdminOnly sample from my C:\Users\Peon folder. I put in my admin info into the Run As dialog. I then got 2 message boxes (if you want the message box info, let me know...it was something about line 53 and line 60 i think), then the NSIS script gave the error: "Unable to elevate , error 6"

One last thing. I went into the log files and changed my actual password to simply "password". I don't want you seeing my real password :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip uacdebug.zip (1.6 KB, 706 views)
helix400 is offline   Reply With Quote