View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 19:19   #9
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

First time I have seen it discussed, but what you are asking for is a dialog box in the preferences to choose what gets searched. This would then need to be translated to more complex search routines.

As an ex-programmer myself I can see the work involved there and how it will still slow down the main search. (The logic of the search will have to get filled up with "if" statements checking all the options that are in the dialog)

I also would assume that this search is not actually opening every single MP3 file, but using winamp's own media library database and searching that. If comments were to be added to that database, this could mean a huge leap in storage requirements. (And there are enough people who get upset when Winamp uses memory as it is )

Have you used the syntax DJ Egg has suggested? It looks to me like Winamp can already do what you are asking. Learning the syntax of searches is always extremely handy. Look at Google Search - that can be hopeless for many things if the advanced syntax is not used.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote