View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:43   #1
zzzmann

Help with Network Buffers URGENT !!

Hi !! I have been having issues with setting my network buffer on my stream.
If i leave it to default settings it takes about 50 secs to connect from my android app, so i have been trying to change the network buffer. If i change the fixedbuffersize=1024 then my app connects to the stream in 2 secs but it keeps skipping an i can hardly hear a word.

Then i changed the fixedbuffersize=2048 and it takes about 15 secs for my app to connect to the stream and it skips quite a lot.

Now here is where i'm facing the issue no matter what value i set above 2048 (even by 1 byte) it seems to take the default buffer size and it takes 50 secs to connect again.

above 2048 no matter what i do it takes 50 secs to start playing the stream (of course if i change the bitrate in my sc_trans.conf file it speeds up)

I know that the bit rate that we set for the stream can fill up the buffer faster but i cannot use a bit rate faster than 48kbps due to certain constraints.

oh also i have purchased the license for mp3 encoding and trying to broadcast a mp3 stream. (not sure if it is relevant but wanted to give all the details)

Here are my sc_serv.cong and sc_trans.conf files

sc_serv_basic.conf
===================================================================
fixedbuffersize=3072
logfile=logs\sc_serv.log
w3clog=logs\sc_w3c.log
banfile=control\sc_serv.ban
ripfile=control\sc_serv.rip
streamid=1
streampath=/test.mp3
maxuser=100
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sc_trans_basic.conf
===================================================================
logfile=logs\sc_trans.log
screenlog=1
calendarrewrite=0
encoder_1=mp3
bitrate_1=49152
unlockkeyname=****** ********
unlockkeycode=*****-*****-*****-*****
outprotocol_1=3
serverip_1=127.0.0.1
serverport_1=8000
streamid_1=1
endpointname_1=/Bob
streamtitle=My Test Server
streamurl=http://shoutcast.com
genre=Misc
playlistfile=playlists\main.lst
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any kind of help\guidance\suggestions are highly appreciated !! thanks in advance !!
zzzmann is offline   Reply With Quote