View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 23:07   #291
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post

(And in case you move the preamp slider to the top, you will notice that the corresponding line (the blue horizontal one) will go to the bottom. - compare to Classic Skin)

You have to understand that the most decisive aspect in this "plot-knobs-sliders"-triangle are the slider values and that sliders/frequency line/knobs are linked to each other. You cannot move the knobs without seeing any changes in the slider values and vice versa: moving the sliders will change the positions of the knobs indicators accordingly.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. Sometimes, I think PHDs in math and music are needed to really understand this stuff. I was hoping that your bass and treble controls would not affect the equalizer's sliders. Skins with bass and treble controls, that I have tried in the past, worked pretty much the same as these you have borrowed from the MMD3 skin.

I think the Winamp equalizer does let a song be made to sound differently in an overall sense, but it doesn't let things be fine tuned enough to bring out a single instrument or vocalist. I have tried the Constant-Q and 4Front modes and the ISO standard frequency bands, but none of these options let me achieve what I'm looking for.

I've been experimenting with equalizers with more than 10 frequency bands and more steps in increasing and decreasing the dB levels between +/- 12 dB. Some of them let me get closer to the results I'm looking for (depending on the song), but I'm starting to believe that what I want to do is not possible.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote