• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deeder7001
    Jesus Freak
    (Forum King)
    • Aug 2002

will she kill me?

on the way home we thought it would be fun to race a little bit on the freeway. we were doing at least 115. the race ended when i spun out trying to take a curve and i was doing 100+ still. i don't remember how many times the car spun but i just remember doing at least a 360 before the car stopped. miraculously, the car missed hitting a guard rail and going over the edge of the exit. the only damage to the car were the tires on the driver side when the car started sliding sideways.

do you think my grandma will kill me if i tell her? i do plan on replacing the tires with my own money since it was me that damaged them. i haven't been able to get a good look at the tire damage yet as this happened last night but from what i've seen, the tires on the driver side are in really bad shape.
    There is no sig.
  • mysterious_w
    Forum King
    • Dec 2003

I would, what you did was pretty retarded if you think about it.

Comment

• Evil Lu
      Forum Maitresse
      • Mar 2005

Pretty lucky you didn't kill yourself or anyone else really. What a fucking stupid thing to do.

Comment

• MidnightViper88
        Made In The USA
        (Forum King)
        • Nov 2003

Re: will she kill me?

Originally posted by deeder7001
        do you think my grandma will kill me if i tell her? i do plan on replacing the tires with my own money since it was me that damaged them. i haven't been able to get a good look at the tire damage yet as this happened last night but from what i've seen, the tires on the driver side are in really bad shape.
        You worry about tires when you, as a driver, probably need the bigger make-over?

Even though I open up whenever I drive every now and then, I never push the limits beyond what my car and I can do to a level of dumbass...Just don't do it ever again...

And yes, she'll probably kill you; I sure as hell would...
        "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
        "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• Phyltre
          Forum King
          • Sep 2002

Well, Grandma, I was racing on the freeway today, doing at least 115, when (wouldn't ya know it!) I did a 360 and almost flew off the side of the exit while taking a turn at three times the recommended speed. The good news is, only the tires are completely destroyed instead of me.

Now, would you like a shotgun or a crowbar?

Comment

• c2R
            Stereotype?
            (Forum King)
            • Jan 2001

I'd recommend leaving out the bit about racing the cars....
            lights out for darker skies # forums.winamp.com boinc team # tms

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
              Forum King
              • Aug 2002

I wonder if you've thought about what you did from your grandma's perspective. Then realize again what you did, pay for all repairs and if you shoud tell her depends on how your relationship to her is, I think.. But you can better tell about that than any of us here..
              Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• ElChevelle
                Moderator Alumni
                • Jun 2000

Keep driving like that and you WILL find out if there is a God.

Comment

• MidnightViper88
                  Made In The USA
                  (Forum King)
                  • Nov 2003

Might even meet Him before your grandmother does...

And that would suck...
                  "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
                  "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• deeder7001
                    Jesus Freak
                    (Forum King)
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Evil Lu
                    Pretty lucky you didn't kill yourself or anyone else really. What a fucking stupid thing to do.
                    i realized it was a stupid thing to do about a second after the car stopped skidding. it's also a good thing there were no other cars on the freeway when it happened. i'm not going to do any kind of racing any more.
                    There is no sig.

Comment

• Bilbo Baggins
                      Wind Chime of the Apocalypse
                      • May 2000

She will probably take you out and show how to 360 properly.

Comment

• LuigiHann
                        Forum King
                        • Aug 2003

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?

Comment

• missyob
                          Angel of Winamp
                          • Aug 2001

Yes, she will be mad at you. You should repair her car and she probably wont ever let you drive it again........

Please be more responsible on the roads.

Comment

• deeder7001
                            Jesus Freak
                            (Forum King)
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by missyob
                            Please be more responsible on the roads.
                            i am very much more responsible on the roads today than i was yesterday. i have to be careful as the front tire has a chunk of tread missing and some metal wire is exposed. the rear tire isn't as bad as it isn't showing wire, but still needs to be replaced. as i said before, i'm going to buy a whole new set for my being dumb. i haven't seen any damage on the passenger side tires(other than the one tire that's been needing to be replaced) but i will replace them anyways.
                            There is no sig.

Comment

• ethan_h
                              Backpacking
                              • Nov 2000

Tell her you rode the kerb by accident when you were pulling into a parking space, and it tore up the tyres. Then tell her you'll happily replace them. That'll cover your ass, and show her that you are acting responsibly fro the accident.

As for the driving, if you're going to do that kinda stuff, then do it somewhere there isn't guard rails/embankments/other cars/pedestrians. I'm not going to put you down for wanting to go fast, I have done the same, but the difference is, my dad took me out when I was 15 and taught me to do this kind of stuff properly - he figured that it was better that he taught me properly, than me trying it when he wasn't there, and killing myself in the process, and he was right.

And to prove my point, when I did try racing on the road at 19 (because I knew oh-so-much), I wrote off the car, dislocated my shoulders on impact and was blind in one eye for three months. I wouldn't recommend it.
                              Like my photography? Buy some here....

Comment

Working...
                              X