X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockouthippie
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Nachos. Refried beans, cheese, jalapenos nuked, covered with hamburger seasoned with salsa. Chips & sour cream.

Comment

• swingdjted
      DRINK BEER NOW
      (Forum King)
      • Feb 2006

Baked pork chops in Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, rice, and some garlic bread. Strange combination, but really good.
      Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• mike-db
        Pancakes!
        (Major Dude)
        • Feb 2005

Corn on the cob covered in garlic butter and wrap in bacon, then season with seasoning salt and pepper, then wrap it in tin foil. Bake at 350 degree's for around 30-45 mins. Then make perogies, that will be the exact same lunch I just had and holy hell was it the best! You might have some bacon greese/garlic butter left over in the tin foil pour this on top of your perogies its worth it.
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• Paul_Bags
          Major Dude
          • Feb 2009

I seasoned some bacon pieces and cubed potato with cajun spice and baked it, when it was nearly done I added some cheese to melt.

I work as a cleaner at a motel, and sometimes people leave food behind and I get some of it. In this case it was a free meal, besides the power to cook it. I also had free ice cream for desert...

Comment

• swingdjted
            DRINK BEER NOW
            (Forum King)
            • Feb 2006

^looks incredibly delicious - but where is the cheese?

Today I ate chicken swimming in a mix of barbecue and Frank's RedHot sauce with leftover rice from a past meal and a can of peas and a glass of milk. It was another "too tired to make a meal that is meant to work together" day, but it hit the spot all the same.

Comment

• Paul_Bags
              Major Dude
              • Feb 2009

The cheese is in there, it melted a bit more than I'd planned while I was attending to something else (bringing in washing? I don't remember...)

I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. Eggs? baked beans? sausages? a combination? something fancier, like pancakes? get too drunk to cook and order pizza? Yeah, thats about the limit of what I have in the kitchen...

Comment

• rockouthippie
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

I just had some nuked burritos and doctored them up with some fresh salsa on top and some sour cream on the side.

Eggs? sausages?
                Breakfast is good for dinner. Tomorrow. Can you get too drunk to make that?

Comment

• swingdjted
                  DRINK BEER NOW
                  (Forum King)
                  • Feb 2006

What do you do for fresh salsa? (I usually do the canning thing and have yet to try making fresh.)

Comment

• rockouthippie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

I usually make a quart jar at a whack:

A clove of garlic minced (whacked with a meat cleaver and chopped fine).

1/4 of a small onion chopped.

A bundle of chopped fresh cilantro.

A tablespoon of vinegar.

A level 1/2 teaspoon of salt unless you are using Tabasco.... it's already salty.

1/2 teas. sugar.

5 fresh Jalapenos sliced. I like thin sliced rings. Get rid of the seeds..... If you don't it will be hotter, but I like the flavor of the peppers (which aren't very hot without the seeds).

Fill with chopped (1/2" pieces) tomatoes (I like the cheap $1 lb. Roma ones because they aren't as wet). If the tomatoes are really wet, just pick the meat up off the board.

Cholula (recommended), Tapatio (also recommended) or Tabasco (works if it's what you have) hot sauce to taste.

Habanero sauce if you wanted to burn your face off

Put the lid on the jar and shake well.

Shelf life. A week. I think. Never lasted more than 2 days

To eat it all right now (won't keep) add shrimp. Yum! Doesn't need anything else except chips.

You can freeze the Jalapenos to keep them. Put them on a plate and freeze them. After frozen stick in a plastic bag. Keeps them from sticking together.

You can also freeze the cilantro. Just chop it frozen to use.

Comment

• swingdjted
                      DRINK BEER NOW
                      (Forum King)
                      • Feb 2006

^Thanks, will try.

Comment

• Widdykats
                        The Forum Slut
                        • Jun 2002

I made these for brunch These here
                        Widdy's substitutes:
                        One I used buttermilk, and I separated the eggs and beat the egg whites semi-stiff. Use maple syrup and butter.
                        Yummy!
                        Ooh, Gabardine

Comment

• rockouthippie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Widdykats
                          I made these for brunch These here
                          Widdy's substitutes:
                          One I used buttermilk, and I separated the eggs and beat the egg whites semi-stiff. Use maple syrup and butter.
                          Yummy!
                          One of my favorite things is blueberry pancakes. That recipe sounds fantastic.

It's only 1, but I figured out tonights dinner. I got some nice Ahi tuna steaks which I'll brush with olive oil and coat with fresh ground pepper.... BBQ slow... If you never grilled a tuna steak, it's best if you leave them a little red in the middle. Caesar salad. Garlic bread.

I usually make extra tuna... stick it in the fridge to get really cold, slice it thin. Go... ood on a salad the next day...

Comment

• Widdykats
                            The Forum Slut
                            • Jun 2002

The Pancakes come out so light and fluffy because of separating the eggs and of course the ricotta..The flavor..
                            like a great "Italian" blintz.
                            Good Tuna! Prrrrrrrr. I'm watchin Top Chef....
                            Ooh, Gabardine

Comment

• swingdjted
                              DRINK BEER NOW
                              (Forum King)
                              • Feb 2006

Pork chops, rice, applesauce again. simple and good.

The pork chops were delicious because I soaked them in Mae Ploy again while baking.

Comment

• rockouthippie
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2004

I like sauerkraut with pork. I usually buy whole loins for <$2 a pound when they are on sale and cut roasts and chops.

One thing that is really super good for pork and pot roast is a french/dutch oven but especially a Lehman's roaster. The pork or poultry comes out with a wonderful golden brown crispy outside that is just perfecto. I have a couple of these and a now rare smaller version. They are both at least 30 years old. Don't ask me why this works so slick.

Live simply with the Lehman's online store. We sell oil lamps, wood cook stoves & more. Non-electric tools & homesteading supplies since 1955.

Just like Gramma used

Use a 300-325 degree oven. Season salt the meat. Toss spuds and carrots in too. When you're about a 45 from done, toss drained sauerkraut on pork or cabbage on pot roast/corned beef in. Ribs and BBQ sauce is good low and slow too. Meat falls off. 1 1/2 - 5 hours cook time depending on how much.

I like to make BBQ pork with sauces like you mentioned, but I'm cheap so I don't like to buy the sauce. Panko for me is rice krispies in the blender

What I like for BBQ pork is about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of a small sauce pan and 2 large red plums chopped skin on (for color). I simmer em' until they are slush and then squeeze the juice out with a sieve. Reduce that down to about the original 1/2", add some sugar. 2-3 tablespoons? Should be Sweet. Add half katsup. Brush that on a pork roast while roasting or BBQ. It's also a decent marinade if it's cold first. Yummy on chicken too.

Pork gets all nice and red and good like the Chinese place.
                                Last edited by rockouthippie; 12 October 2009, 15:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X