Thread: NSIS Plus
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2002, 23:26   #18
sdbarker

Send a message via AIM to sdbarker Send a message via Yahoo to sdbarker
Quote:
Originally posted by SmartyMan

BTW: very nice tool
Will there be an update soon, fixing the small bugs?
What small bugs are you referring to? In StrokeIt? If so, post the Forum there, and I'll make sure and check them out.

StrokeIt Forum: http://www.tcbnetworks.com/strokeit/forum

Quote:

Well, I am a dialup user
The last version I have downloaded was about 97KB - I had downloaded it even if it had 200KB.
200k would have taken twice as long. Its worth the time for me to make all of my software as small and fast as possible to provide my users with the best experience they could possibly have.
Quote:

OK OK, more obejctive argument: an empty NSIS installer is about 30 KB so I assume that you can save about 15KB in the best case.
That will make a difference of less than a minute in download time (analog modem), while it takes you hours to create a custom compiler
every time NSIS is updated
Nah, not hours. Maybe a half hour at best, because I always play with all the options again trying to get the filesize down some more.

But again, it's worth it to me to spend the time to make a better experience for my users.
Quote:

OK, now that your ideas are fulfilled, are there more wishes/comments?
Not that I can think of off of the top of my head. Once I get the new version and play with it, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks a ton.

-Scott
sdbarker is offline   Reply With Quote