X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atero
    Forum King
    • Jun 2001

actually, that "fast" version isn't nearly correct, but it's a comparatively good approximation, and you get more proverbial bang for your buck
    "guilt is the cause of more disauders
    than history's most obscene marorders" --E. E. Cummings

Comment

• VisualAgnosia
      • Nov 2002

Ozshtrayleeuh --- Repra - zent

Comment

• siddhartha_one
        Major Dude
        • May 2003

a big w00t to that sir.

Comment

• Atero
          Forum King
          • Jun 2001

a big 57f|_| to that sir.

visag, i'm going to tell you this one last time. STOP MAKING THOSE FUCKING RANDOM POSTS

Comment

• VisualAgnosia
            • Nov 2002

Good to hear from you Atero. I've missed your highly inteligent attempts at abuse for things that have nothing to do with you

Your attempt to inveigle me not to post "randomly" might be founded if they were actually "random". Odviously resorting to colourful language one may pick up from a seedy back alley where crack cocaine and "Hoes" may be obtained, is a fitting way of showing your dissapreciation for things you don't understand .

Not to worry I have found an old dusty copy of the "Big ol' fun book of psychiatric experts, ways to help individuals not make fools of themselves .. written by Dr. Phil" which i could post you. A great read which I admit changed my life when I was an abusive, sexually frustrated, introvertedly sadistic egotist myself. There is hope ! moving along..

N E Way .. I have finnished my work now and I am a free man again. Unleashed from my bindings of the working class. I am once again umonkst the frey of self indulgence to do what ever I please.

A very interesting thread this one I have seen alot which is of good use to me.

Repra - Zent Siddhartha_1 All the Adeladians in tha house
            [img]http://www.educo****b_zahran/images/en_australie/prace/adelaide_small.jpg[/img]

Comment

• Atero
              Forum King
              • Jun 2001

no where did i put that "ban him" screenshot...

gd material belongs in gd, KEEP IT THERE.

Comment

• siddhartha_one
                Major Dude
                • May 2003

an interlect which we will probably never uinderstand.

atero, the king off being pissed off at whatever is happening anywhere.

The cunning smarts of posting a useless message to inform someone that they have posted a useless message.

If that isnt the most intelegent thing you have ever seen, please post and tell me what is. But i wont chack on GD, so post it here!
                HAHA!

sigh

Comment

• siddhartha_one
                  Major Dude
                  • May 2003

i posted this on another thread, and thought it should go here:

The color fade doesnt use HLS, as this wouldnt really effect the way it fades out at all. It is is tad more complicated, and if you read this you will see why Nullsoft didnt even try to explain it to all the n00bs who download AVS.

This is what i have worked out:

The top bar deals with the additive colors, or cyan, magentta and yellow. If it is left of half way across, is timesed by a number between 0 and 1, if more than half way across, it is timesd by a number greater than 1.
                  Because C,M and Y are comprised of mixes of the base colours (RGB), this method connot make solid cyans etc. Instead, as you increase the slider, the colors apear to lose their base, or their saturation, and eventually fade to white.

The middle slider deals with the base colours, or Red, Green and Blue. It works in the same way as CMY, by multiplying by 0-1, or 1>. Because it is multiplied, not added, and colours connot excede there maximum potential, the colours dont fade to white. Instead, more to the right you put it, the more the original colours will become solid red, green or blue.

The last one sort of works with brightness, luminescence, or the amount of 'white' (whichever does it for you). Works with the same multiplication method as above. This is the most 'normal' and useful: This will make the screen either fade to black or white. At a rate depending on how far to the left or right you place the bar.

A few tips:
                  the normal fadeout effect can be done by placing all the bars in the same position, and to the left of the center.

You can avoid the CMY bar doing the fading to white thing by makjing sure the RGB bar is always postioned slightly greater.

Remember that the sliders do not actually reprisent the colour values, they are multipliers and such.

If you dont understand the multiplication thingo, it is basically doing this:
                  if the slider is x units to the left: variable/x
                  if the slifer is x units to the right: variable*x

Comment

• Atero
                    Forum King
                    • Jun 2001

which is, afaik, not true. put the top slidebar all the way to the left and you get rgb, put the second slidebar all the way to the left and you get low contrast, fast cycling pallettes. check out my post in the "Laser? WTF?" thread

Comment

• Raz
                      Forum King
                      • Dec 2002

Lets try to keep this thread for tips and tricks about avs and not about how atero has pms and how visag posts random stuff. Really, who cares? And if they do, why? Is there something wrong with their brain that means they have to get pissed off at the slightest fault. Atero, it's not the end of the world if theres one random post. Sometimes random posting is funny. Theres no need to go all anal and be the hitler of the forum. Now... avs...

Oh yeah, nice to see you back visag, try not to provoke him too much.

Comment

• shreyas_potnis
                        Major Dude
                        • Jan 2003

RGB - HSL

Convert the RBG values to the range 0-1
                        Example: from the video colors page, colorbar red has R=83%, B=7%, G=7%, or in this scale, R=.83, B=.07, G=.07

Find min and max values of R, B, G
                        In the example, maxcolor = .83, mincolor=.07

If the max and min colors are the same (ie the color is some kind of grey), S is defined to be 0, and H is undefined but in programs usually written as 0

Otherwise, L = (maxcolor + mincolor)/2
                        For the example, L = (.83+.07)/2 = .45

Test L.
                        If L < 0.5, S=(maxcolor-mincolor)/(maxcolor+mincolor)
                        If L >=0.5, S=(maxcolor-mincolor)/(2.0-maxcolor-mincolor)
                        For the example, L=0.45 so S=(.83-.07)/(.83+.07) = .84

If R=maxcolor, H = (G-B)/(maxcolor-mincolor)
                        If G=maxcolor, H = 2.0 + (B-R)/(maxcolor-mincolor)
                        If B=maxcolor, H = 4.0 + (R-G)/(maxcolor-mincolor)
                        For the example, R=maxcolor so H = (.07-.07)/(.83-.07) = 0

To use the scaling shown in the video color page, convert L and S back to percentages, and H into an angle in degrees (ie scale it from 0-360)

HSL - RGB
                        If S=0, define R, G, and B all to L

Otherwise, test L.
                        If L < 0.5, temp2=L*(1.0+S)
                        If L >= 0.5, temp2=L+S - L*S
                        In the colorbar example for colorbar green, H=120, L=52, S=79, so converting to the range 0-1, L=.52, so
                        temp2=(.52+.79) - (.52*.79) = .899

temp1 = 2.0*L - temp2
                        In the example, temp1 = 2.0*.52 - .899 = .141

Convert H to the range 0-1
                        In the example, H=120/360 = .33

For each of R, G, B, compute another temporary value, temp3, as follows:
                        for R, temp3=H+1.0/3.0
                        for G, temp3=H
                        for B, temp3=H-1.0/3.0
                        if temp3 < 0, temp3 = temp3 + 1.0
                        In the example, Rtemp3=.33+.33 = .66, Gtemp3=.33, Btemp3=.33-.33=0

For each of R, G, B, do the following test:
                        If 6.0*temp3 < 1, color=temp1+(temp2-temp1)*6.0*temp3
                        Else if 2.0*temp3 < 1, color=temp2
                        Else if 3.0*temp3 < 2, color=temp1+(temp2-temp1)*((2.0/3.0)-temp3)*6.0
                        In the example,
                        3.0*Rtemp3 < 2 so R=.141+(.899-.141)*((2.0/3.0-.66)*6.0=.141
                        2.0*Gtemp3 < 1 so G=.899
                        6.0*Btemp3 < 1 so B=.141+(.899-.141)*6.0*0=.141

Scale back to the range 0-100 to use the scaling shown in the video color page
                        For the example, R=14, G=90, B=14

Found on the net
                        http://home.iitb.ac****~shreyaspotnis

Comment

• Atero
                          Forum King
                          • Jun 2001

it'd be quite a bit more useful if you could link us to the page...

Comment

• siddhartha_one
                            Major Dude
                            • May 2003

hang on,
                            what use is RGB-HSL if the only time you ever get to specify colours in code form is in the superscope, where you can only use RGB for output.

also, your HSL-RGB code is exactly the same as given above, only mine was already coded for avs.

Comment

• Atero
                              Forum King
                              • Jun 2001

well, axer, that's probably because they use the same algorithm

Comment

• siddhartha_one
                                Major Dude
                                • May 2003

that was kinda the point atero... they both use the HSL-RGB algorithm... so why post it twice?
                                you follow?

Comment

Working...
                                X