View Single Post
Old 28th April 2009, 16:31   #1
[lx]-DdBl

Bookmarking pls file

hi!
earlier it was possible to bookmark the PLS file from a radio station in winamp ML, so that every time I wanted to listen to that station I got an actual update of all the servers it's running on. the point is that I didn't have to access the website of shoutcast every time I wanted to listen to the radio station.
now, there is the possibility to listen via the browser-player or you can change the settings to play in your music program (what makes you download the PLS from shoutcast and just run it). so far, so good - but it accidentally happened that I deleted the PLS from my bookmarks so I wanted to re add it.
the problem now is, that I can't find the address of the PLS with the actual list of servers of this radio station. is there a workaround how to get the address of the PLS, so that I can add this as a bookmark and not access every time the shoutcast website?
I think that what I was doing isn't a problem and it just saves traffic, I don't need to display everything and I'm just downloading the few kb the PLS takes... so it's even saving costs to shoutcast itself

sorry for my poor English, but I don't know how to express my problem in a more clear way ...

/edit: and yes - i used the SEARCH and found nothing that would help me

/edit2: i found a stupid workaround, but it will be still working until the old version of shoutcast.com will be unavailable. the old interface (h**p://classic.shoutcast.com]) still allows you to right click and copy the address the tune-in link points to - very nice, but I'm missing that in the new "fresh" interface.
please consider this thread as solved

Last edited by [lx]-DdBl; 28th April 2009 at 16:51.
[lx]-DdBl is offline   Reply With Quote