View Single Post
Old 18th May 2021, 00:14   #345
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

This is pretty much the exact moment when I decided to migrate to Linux, almost 20 years ago. And I did it! The last Windows that I've used was XP. Last night I got the idea to see if this forum, and this post, still exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbaby1958 View Post
You know, it doesn't really matter if palladium is the end of privacy or not. Clearly the technology is a step in that direction, and the next time Osama gets lucky, the government might be quite willing and able to take us the rest of the way. We need to think about the future. I don't know a damned thing about Linux, but it's obvious that I'm going to have to make the effort. Why would anybody NOT be pro-linux and antiwindows? Paying 300 dollars to the world's richest man is a good thing because... ??? Letting Bill Gates dictate to us how we can run our computers is a good thing because...???

Do we want the future to be open source, where everyone can contribute and profit, or do want a big windows logo stamped on the future?

I just read in CNET about how microsoft is bankrolling a lobbying group that is trying to stop the trend toward adoption of open source OS's by governmenmts trying to save money. They're calling it the coalition for choice or some such thing. How's that for corporate doublespeak? Microsoft lobbying for choice is like Jerry Falwell lobbying for gay rights.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote