X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeaceMaker
    Major Dude
    • Oct 2001

i almost forgot this one, ive never touched it in months, because it needs a fair bit of work [and i wanted to do a stereo skin at the same time which hasnt happened either ]
    Attached Files

Breedart.org| DevArt

Comment

• Atmo The Freak
      The Freak
      (Forum King)
      • Feb 2002

Theyre pretty good PM, I like the second one...would be interesting to see what it would look like finished.
      :Psykotech:

Comment

• PeaceMaker
        Major Dude
        • Oct 2001

hmm, well they might get done one day, but not soon [i plan to take a break from skinning for a while after the collabs over.] i had a roughly sketched Alpine skin but that seems to have gone missing, damn virus.

Breedart.org| DevArt

Comment

• simon snowflake
          Skin Wizard
          (Forum King)
          • Aug 2000

I've got unfinished ones, but the ones I did not like are lost in the formatting progress

but some of you might remember this one:
          don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:

Comment

• Atmo The Freak
            The Freak
            (Forum King)
            • Feb 2002

Why didnt you finish that one simon?? With some more detail it could have been really nice..
            :Psykotech:

Comment

• simon snowflake
              Skin Wizard
              (Forum King)
              • Aug 2000

It was during a rather bussy period in my life when I started thi skin. And I had to stop skinning for a while because I moved from The Netherlands to Belgium. Sa after a while when I actually had time to skn again I lost a shit load of stuff, because my little bro managed to delete all my work. But thanks to Doggy Dog I still have what yo can see in the screen shot. But I did lose all of my layerd images.

This made me want to start over on the skin, but every thing changed a bit, resulting in Electro Transfix. I still promised Doggy Dog to finsh the original Electro Transfix (wich was the working name of the skin above) and call it Electro Transfix Retro Styling. But shortly after that i got a new job, and did not find time to make it yet.
              don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Comment

• Forevever
                Major Dude
                • May 2001

LOL@Peace&Simon

the skins you hate put the skins I love to shame
                If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to [email protected]
                I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.

Comment

• Mr Jones
                  Ancient Mod
                  • Sep 2000

Not strictly finished, but there again not likely to be published either, abandoned projects.....

A WA3 skin that I knocked toghether just to test out some maki functions, complete with embedded avs windows, multiple sliding draws blah blah blah blah. Never gonna get finished cos, well its a freaking huge CPU hog when your running it, need some serious grunt, still helped me try out new things....

A WA2 skin, that I started back last august, gave it up when I lost the urge to skin, picked it up again earlier this year, really can't be arsed with it now,lacks a working EQ and Playlist, the rest is there including a massively complicated animated volume slider, best I've probably ever done. Originaly started for the toon skin project. Unlikely to be finished due to me giving up on WA2

They both however do work, just need polishing up.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ripe
                    Major Dude
                    • Aug 2001

cool... Captain Caveman Rocks (sorry)

no, really, i used to love Cavey

Comment

• Mr Jones
                      Ancient Mod
                      • Sep 2000

I should finish him really, make him my last wa2 skin, what a way to bow out huh

Shortly after the toon site went live, I got an email from a lady who used to write scripts for various cartoons, including Scooby Doo and Hong Kong Phooey, she was in her element with the toon site, I wrote back, mentioned that cavey was in the works and she started coming back with all these stories of when she worked on the Capt Caveman show, with all these hilarious stories of Mel Blanc etc, she also write Star Trek books as well.

I really should finish him, kick me up the arse someone, spur me into action....

Comment

• simon snowflake
                        Skin Wizard
                        (Forum King)
                        • Aug 2000

Re: LOL@Peace&Simon

Originally posted by Forevever
                        the skins you hate put the skins I love to shame
                        I neve said i did not like the skin!!!

Toon-site?
                        And MR J could you tellme how you made the circular AVS, I've tried thing but the all failed. (PM me or reply in the WA3-thread in my sig)

Comment

• ripe
                          Major Dude
                          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by Mr Jones
                          I really should finish him, kick me up the arse someone, spur me into action....
                          this oughta do it...
                          rename .zip to .wav
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr Jones
                            Ancient Mod
                            • Sep 2000

Re: Re: LOL@Peace&Simon

Originally posted by simon snowflake

Toon-site?
                            Toon site.

Comment

• simon snowflake
                              Skin Wizard
                              (Forum King)
                              • Aug 2000

is that the result of a contest, or are thes just the best toon skins on winamp.com?

Comment

• Mr Jones
                                Ancient Mod
                                • Sep 2000

No, that was the result of the various skins that were put forward for the toon site, not sure it was ever a competition, more of a showcase, no time limits, no prizes, just doing it for the fun of it.

Turned into a nice side project, all artwork by Duk, rest of the html and stuff by me.

Was thinking of lavishing a bit of love on it at somepoint in the future, I've a skin collab coming up with Duk some time soon, also have a shit load of wallpapers we've both designed that I was gonna put up as well.

Not a bad hit rate, 40000 + hits so far, not bad for a little out of the way site whose only publicity was an article on winamp.com and these forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X