• Show
Clear All
  • jlbusch
    • Oct 2010

For me to connect i did the following

1. install winamp on pc
    2. connect to wireless (PC)
    3. Connect to wireless (phone)
    4. wait for both to have ip addresses and connect (i.e. can use internet on both)
    5. open winamp pc
    6. open winamp phone
    7. on phone main screen (the one with six buttons for artists, albums, songs etc...) press menu, press settings, enable wireless sync
    8. on winamp computer click on devices
    9. right click on devices and select locate devices (or whatever can't remember exactly
    10. a message pops up on the phone (only the first time) that says do you want to accept the connection, hit YES!

I believe that you have to be on the main screen in winamp on phone to connect...not sure

Once you have synced and disconnected, to resync repeat step 7 and 8 i.e. unclick and then reclick to enable wireless sync...

Good luck all

Comment

• keithforever
      • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by jlbusch View Post

1. install winamp on pc
      4. wait for both to have ip addresses and connect (i.e. can use internet on both)
      5. open winamp pc
      6. open winamp phone
      7. on phone main screen (the one with six buttons for artists, albums, songs etc...) press menu, press settings, enable wireless sync
      9. right click on devices and select locate devices (or whatever can't remember exactly
      10. a message pops up on the phone (only the first time) that says do you want to accept the connection, hit YES!

I believe that you have to be on the main screen in winamp on phone to connect...not sure

Once you have synced and disconnected, to resync repeat step 7 and 8 i.e. unclick and then reclick to enable wireless sync...

Good luck all
      Thanks, unfortunately, I never see item 10. Also, item 2, I do not have wireless on the PC. It is connected to the same router though but wired. Other apps like Allshare work with WiFi to the same PC.

Comment

• jlbusch
        • Oct 2010

I'm not sure how it works, if it is a direct wi-fi connection from the pc to the phone then the pc needs to have wi-fi, this may be the problem...not sure though could try with a wifi enabled pc...

Comment

• ptown434
          • Oct 2010

1. Droid X
          2. OS 2.2
          3. Windows XP 32
          4. Cannot connect wifi
          5. after clicking 'start discovery', nothing happens. I get no message on my phone. I have tried unchecking sync on phone, rebooted comp, done everything. Start discovery button does nothing.

I have a PC wired to my wireless router.

Question for everybody, did anyone uncheck items during installation? I unchecked videos, so that Winamp does not auto play videos. Doubt that is it, but just checking everything. This is really annoying.

For those that have made it worked, after you clicked 'start discovery' , did you get a message on your PC/laptop that it was searching?

Comment

• sarega
            • Oct 2010

same problem here

I have HTC Desire, running Android 2.2. I have just installed Winamp 5.59 on Windows 7 running on VMWare Fusion (Mac OS X Snow Leopard). I have enabled wifi sync in the phone settings. When I right-click on Devices and click "Start Discovery", nothing happens. I have tried everything: rebooting the computer, rebooting the phone, disconnecting and reconnecting the phone to the wifi, etc.

I have further discovered that in the Preferences Window, I dont have any item called "Portables" under Media Library. The last item there is History. However, I do have Portables under Plug-ins and both Android Device plugin and Wifi Device plugin are installed.

Comment

• kustodian
              • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by jlbusch View Post

1. install winamp on pc
              5. open winamp pc
              6. open winamp phone
              This one worked for me on Win7 x64 with HTC Desire (2.2). I think that this function will need to have a different way of handling this, since you have to enable wifi just before you want to discover the device. It could be handled something like bluetooth works on my Desire, when you make the device discoverable for a few seconds once you enable it.

Comment

• mmiii
                • Feb 2008

no connection to my PC W7 32bit
                with HTC Hero 2.1

tried several things written above but there is no connection
                Last edited by mmiii; 22 October 2010, 10:53.

Comment

• LionSound
                  • Dec 2007

How to sync Android with PC via WIFI?
                  I have Vista and I can't find any option either in system or in Winamp Android !

please help. This manual above, is not complete for me

Comment

• redlow
                    • Oct 2010

I am suffering the same issue as others. I can't detect my phone via wireless OR USB. Like others, my PC is connected via network to wireless router. My phone is naturally on the same network, and wireless is enabled (and I restarted a few times)

1. What phone do you have? Google Nexus One
                    2. Version of Android (2.1, 2.2) Android 2.2.1
                    3. What version of Windows? 32-bit or 64-bit? 64 Bit Windows 7
                    4. Have you been able to only connect USB, WiFi, both or none of the above? Neither
                    5. What is your experience if you can connect? N/A

Cheers

Comment

• LionSound
                      • Dec 2007

1. Samsung Galaxy i5700
                      2. Android 2.1
                      3. Vista 32 but
                      4. Usb,bluetooth and wifi on on PC and Phone is working
                      5. I'm unable to synchronize my PC with Android via WIFI in WINAMP. I'm unable to connect my PC to my Phone via WIFI in WINAMP.

BUT I found great software Android Manager WIFI http://androbot.pl/android/app/android-manager-wifi/ to connect Phone to PC. And it's working great without cables I want only synch WINAMP with PC for my MP3

Is it possible ?

Comment

• LionSound
                        • Dec 2007

Ok sorry. Now it works. I installed new beta version of Winamp on my Desktop.
                        Sorry guys for my #@$.

But could you explained me how sync works ? What is he syncing from my PC from which folder ? or which PlayList? or which Mp3?

peace.
                        Last edited by LionSound; 22 October 2010, 16:34.

Comment

• ParadingLunatic
                          • Oct 2010

Moto Droid Android 2.2
                          Windows 7 64bit and XP 32bit
                          Can't connect to USB or Wifi in some cases

I've tried both at home and at work. First my attempts at home and my home configuration

Home:
                          Buffalo wireless N router running DD-WRT, also an old Linksys WRT54G with stock firmware just running as an access point and no routing functions. Desktop is Windows 7 64bit connected wired into the Buffalo router/AP and my Droid connecting wirelessly into the Linksys AP. Wifi connected between the phone and the desktop flawlessly, did not attempt any sync functions.

Work:

Cisco Wireless AP (real business Cisco AP) on a separate VLAN from the rest of the wired network. One computer is a laptop running WinXP, the other is desktop running Win7 64bit. Neither of them work. The desktop is wired and on a different vlan. Nothing I do can get it to connect but I think that has to do with our network config not allowing broadcast traffic across vlans. The laptop on the other hand I have connected wireless to the exact same access point that the phone is connected to. Still no connection between the two. This one really confuses me as I've already proved that my phone does work with the new winamp beta at home.

Comment

• dcrusader
                            • Oct 2010

How I got it working

If you're having trouble getting WinAmp to find your phone, try what I had to do.

Go to your network adapters and disable every single one that isn't your active adapter. For example, I have VMWare installed and I had to disable all of its special adapters, had to disable my 2nd network card, and a bluetooth adapter.

After that, my phone showed up before I even had a chance to click Start Discovery.

Comment

• jskolm85
                              • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by dcrusader View Post
                              If you're having trouble getting WinAmp to find your phone, try what I had to do.

Go to your network adapters and disable every single one that isn't your active adapter. For example, I have VMWare installed and I had to disable all of its special adapters, had to disable my 2nd network card, and a bluetooth adapter.

After that, my phone showed up before I even had a chance to click Start Discovery.
                              Sadly this fixed it for me. So when I want to sync up, just make sure I close down everything else first.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
                              Droid Inc 2.2
                              Last edited by jskolm85; 22 October 2010, 22:00.

Comment

• keithforever
                                • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by dcrusader View Post

Genius!! Now it works. Although not a good solution, at least I know my phone is detectable now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X