View Single Post
Old 30th January 2019, 12:31   #27
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
the wasapi output plugin, and the in_mod input plugin.
Yes, you are right. Those are written by Benski (Ben Allison).

Logic of detecting Winamp Manufacturer in WAAbout app (pseudocode):

PHP Code:
   if FileExists(WINAMP_DIR '\' + 'winamp.original') and FileExists(WINAMP_DIR + '\' + 'winamp.dll') then
      begin
         // WACUP
      end
   else
      begin
         if WINAMP_VERSION > 5.6.6.3516 then
            begin
               // WINAMP SA (Radionomy)
            end
         else
            begin
               // Nullsoft Inc. (AOL)
            end;
      end; 
Logic of detecting Winamp or Third-party compoennt in WAAbout app (pseudocode):

PHP Code:
   if (COMPANY_NAME 'Nullsoft, Inc.') or (COMPANY_NAME'Winamp SA') or (COMPANY_NAME'Radionomy SA'then
      begin

// Native Winamp Plugin

end

else

begin

// Third-Party or WACUP Plugin

if COMPANY_NAMEWACUP (WinAmp Community Update Projectthen
            begin

// WACUP Plugin

end

else

begin

// Third-Party Plugin

end;

end
Those info is read from resources. I guess I can add an exception for Benski.

Quote:
yes, you're right, but what i guess i mean is a more prominent opening description, that makes it bold and clear that the install is official, or a fork of some kind.
I am going to add such info when WACUP will be fully independent player (no need for original winamp files).

If you have more copies of Winamp (installed and some other portable) and you play music in one of them WAAbout will make you choose on start, what Winamp instance you want to get info.

Quote:
also, when u manage an existing report, when u click open it opens the folder, rather than the report.
Yes, but this button opens report directory. If you want to open a report, double click report on the list or use right-click menu.

Quote:
i understand having a tool that can do no harm, vs one that can do unintended harm, but whether part of this tool, or separately, some kind of maint utility for winamp is needed. maybe bundle the 3 in a single installer, (AAW tool, backup restore tool, maint/fixit tool)
Good point. Will think about it. It need time, but for sure not bad idea.

Quote:
is this now the only info tool? has DrO and Koopa, etc, given up developing their tools? does anyone else make or develop similar tools?
Koopa made Winamp Info Tool (with my help). This tool is distributed with WACUP.
I don't know anybody else who write such tool (we both know that this tool is a real niche). So, there are 2 similar tools, mine and from Koopa.

As far as I know Koopa has no time to update his tool now, but I am sure he will make some updates when he get time or need. DrO support it.

There was time I was asking DrO to add some options in WACUP that gives user possibility to choose what tools he want to use, but WACUP is still in beta stage (maybe in future). Also, my tools are much more complex and much bigger (window size and exe size).

-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote