View Single Post
Old 28th December 2010, 22:23   #11
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Actually, it had been a while since the last time I played with JavaScript and I had to relearn a bunch of stuff but because JavaScript is pretty close (in format) to C++ it wasn't terribly painful. lol Oh, and you're welcome to look at the JavaScript source if you want.
already had a quick look and it makes more sense to me than some of the other javascript i've looked at recently

Quote:
One of the goals of the page though is to make consistently replicable and successful configs across current and future sc_serv/sc_trans builds regardless of what the defaults could be in the future. I thought that would be best.
yeah that makes complete sense. only mentioned it based on what i've been seeing from other threads where too much on a page / file seems to cause more confusion. though maybe it could be tweaked to have a 'full' mode and an 'expert' mode which just strips out what isn't needed. and yes it makes sense about defaults being changed though i guess it makes more sense to only support the most current versions of the tools and / or provide a legacy option as an older page or something like that (just thunking out-loud at the moment). though with the few defaults i've changed in the second round of drops and the changes for the next round i'm probably not helping things (though am changing only default paths on the windows versions to prevent some of the Vista / Windows 7 access issues that have been reported recently).

Quote:
For the wiki, if the SHOUTcast team or AOL would like to include the configurator by either linking to it or just ripping it off my server and hosting it themselves (which would probably be a better idea although if they do I would like to be able to edit it myself should the need arise (but it's not a requirement)) I don't mind.
i was actually going to ask if you'd be ok about that as it seems a bit silly to re-invent the wheel to do the same thing as you've done as i was looking to do anyway though i can happily sort out help links, etc for things. something to talk about over the next few days i think as i'd possibly thought of shipping the configurator directly so a known version would always be in the distro for the version(s) being setup

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote