View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2020, 03:26   #9
NeonAngel

OK I've used your code in another preset by Zylot (attached), using the image of the tall mask (first image attached).

Now the tall aspect ratio of the image is correctly transferred to the preset as you can see in the second attached screenshot image. It is tiled of course, so the screen is filled. As you suggested tiling can be overridden - I disabled that as it leaves much of the screen blank. Anyway this looks really good. Great so far and I will use this technique for some preset modifications thank you.

However it's not quite what I was first asking about. The third attached image shows what the documentation I quoted suggests can happen - ie regardless of screen ratio, the image will be fitted so it:

"fits the preset to the long axis of the window, and to crop the rest, but to do all of this without any stretching or zooming".

Is this actually possible for anything that isn't square-shaped - can you show me this please? This is an important technique for me to learn, as the image regardless of dimensions, will be centred automatically, and fitted to width (or height) automatically, allowing randomly selected images to fit well without any tailoring. Please remember I have very little knowledge of preset authoring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	54610   Click image for larger version

Name:	TEXSIZE FIT.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	54611   Click image for larger version

Name:	REQUIRED FIT.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	54612  
Attached Files
File Type: milk Zylot - My World (burning mix) MASK.milk (6.7 KB, 48 views)
NeonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote