View Single Post
Old 25th January 2006, 13:53   #33
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Please read the first 4 posts fully before posting (ie. 2 x benski, mine and DrO's posts).

A few of your questions/issues have already been addressed.

@STanger
We can't reproduce any of your issues.
Did you make sure to install the beta to a clean dir, with no 3rd-party plugins?

Make sure the old enc_aac.dll and enc_mp4.dll files are NOT present, because all the AAC/AAC+/M4A encoding is now taken care of by enc_aacplus.dll.
Nullsoft in_mp3, in_mp4, and libmp4v2.dll must all be present in the Winamp\Plugins dir, with NO 3rd-party mp3/mp4/aac plugins, and aacPlusDecoder.w5s and tagz.w5s must both be present in the Winamp\System dir.

@SadEye
The issue with the VorbisEditor is referred to at the end of my main post above.

@SailorMax
Milkdrop is saving all settings for me. What do you mean by "from previous version"?
Re: classic playlist winshade
That's because it's no longer using the bitmap font inside the skin, which means it now supports international characters instead of displaying gibberish for them. Sure, maybe a small/upper case option might be cool, but does it really matter?

@martin.deimos
The GDI Object leak is a bugfix (see here for details)
The FreeType lib (font engine) used in the modern skin engine was updated, thus fixing a few issues (eg. unicode chars, etc)
The new ATF functions and tags are explained further in my main post above.

@doodle2
That sounds like a fairly major issue. I'll leave that one for benski...

Re: 5.13
Yes, whatsnew says 5.13, because that's what it was going to be originally. But because it's taken a bit longer than expected/intended, it's now going to be 5.2 instead. The first public beta is actually still a 5.13 beta, hence the last paragraph in my main post above, which states that some of the new 5.2-specific features are not yet included in this first public beta ;-)