View Single Post
Old 26th May 2011, 07:34   #8
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra
i left checked "start playing if winamp was not stopped on close" which i'm not sure what that means? how is it different from "automatically start winamp playing on startup"? seems redundant?
that's just an additional level of control on when a playback restore happens. you'd probably want to uncheck that one so it'll ensure playback will be started even if someone tinkers with and stops playback.

Quote:
but what happens if i don't check "select a random file?"
it generally tries to play the first item from the playlist though depends on the random / shuffle settings as to what is actually played. since select random toggles some of Winamp's settings so it ensures it gets a random item (before going back to the previous Winamp state).

Quote:
i want it to restart the song that got cutoff. is that possible?
reloading the playlist won't restore the cut-off song. for that to happen, the query would have to be disabled and the save playback state would need to be enabled as the playback position is only saved on safe stopping (but don't set the time too low or you can see the cpu usage increase a lot if the playlist is large). only downside is that the playlist isn't re-populated with newer tracks but then changing the playlist contents makes a playback restore a bit redundant.

maybe i could eventually do something that would allow the plug-in to still do a random lookup but also try to restore the previously saved file (though i'm not sure where / how i'd even name such an option at the moment).

Quote:
is there anyway to take the previous history into account so repeats are minimal?
not with this plug-in, it's just too much outside off the scope of what i want it to do (and to keep it maintainable).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote