X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostinsound
    • Jul 2009

Originally Posted by spam23 View Post
    I'm using 'Dopamine' at the moment until something happens with Winamp. Not the drug, the music player. It feels a lot like a newer version of Winamp. I highly suggest giving it a try.
    Just gave it try and I really like the look and feel of it and the flexibility with organizing the music. It doesn't seem to have gapless playback or replaygain so I can't see myself switching to it though. It definitely has potential.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
      Forum Queen
      • Nov 2010

About the Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos on YouTube, I have very much music-playlists with these music-videos:
      I make ambient and electronic music, and I listen to many other music-styles, too. I love Electronic, Chillout, Ambient & Downtempo, Deep House, Dub Techno etc. very much. Also I am interested for nature-documentations, cats and parapsychology etc. But I make not only music, also artworks, lyrics and videos. I upload only music from my husband Frank and me and from our music-projects. As a listener I am managing many music-playlists, with short tracks and with podcasts & mixes. From December 2012 to April 2014 I had also broadcasted live on Mixlr. Some of my Music Video Images are also in Google+. They can be used as textures for the Milkdrop Visualizer of Winamp. 2048x2048 pixel and 2560x1600 pixel are not too large. JPG, PNG, DDS, TGA are supported file-formats for the textures. You can find me in many other platforms, and I have my biography in the most of them. Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Of course You need also a screenrecorder, Fraps, Camtasia, Hypercam or MAGIX Video 17 Deluxe Premium (or another version number), although MAGIX records with the double speed and I have to play the song twice. I had bought MAGIX on the old-fashioned way, for the other screenrecorders online-banking is required, and I still don't make online-banking. There is also a tutorial in the forums how to turn off the flickering, if Milkdrop should run on the desktop.

@ bgd , maybe we will see us on YouTube...
      Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
      Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
      AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• CthulhuSaves
        • Apr 2006

There are music players other than Winamp?

Nah, don't care...

Comment

• ksenit13
          • Feb 2017

hi

thanks!!!

Comment

• tapi0
            • Aug 2002

I use Winamp only to listen streams and mp3's from my HD's but it's the best for that IMO.
            Windows 7 + Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 / WACUP 0.9.9.1988

Comment

• llandyw
              • Feb 2002

A couple bits of interest.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that they are dismayed that Winamp was never produced for Android.

Well, I have had Winamp for Android quite some time now. It certainly isn't full featured, and is somewhat cumbersome to use, but it is (or was) available. Since I got it a long time ago, it still shows up in the list. However, I don't know if those who don't already have it can still get it. Anyway, the link to it is:

The other item.

The patent on MP3 has expired. While code from specific individuals and companies may still be copyrighted, new code can be developed by anyone now that the patent is no longer in effect.

That means Winamp can still play mp3s without having to pay a licensing fee to a patent holder. Still have to write the playback code, but that shouldn't be too hard to do. I know someone who wrote code for it just this past weekend in order to use MP3 with the games she develops.

Comment

• musicf8
                Major Dude
                • Apr 2013

Wait... Winamp is still in the play store? I thought they removed it...

Anyway, anyone who is a fan of Winamp should know that there was a winamp for android. Should they ever create a winamp app for android worth using imo, then i'd gladly use it as my primary player.
                Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• llandyw
                  • Feb 2002

It's there, but as I said, it might be available only to those who downloaded it before it was removed. That's how I got the link was by going there from the icon given to me when I looked at the My Apps list.

Comment

• twc
                    • Aug 2008

RemoteControl for Winamp

Comment

• tapi0
                      • Aug 2002

Nice to know about but atleast I don't need that.
                      Good if there is someone in need.

BTW. You should have remove that language prefix from the URL...we are not all from netherlands you know. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....RemoteControl
                      Windows 7 + Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 / WACUP 0.9.9.1988

Comment

• GorillaCat
                        • Oct 2014

I've been using GoneMAD Music Player for a while, it's perfect aside from a bug that changes my eq preset every time I open it. Worth every penny.
                        Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
                        ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)

Comment

• jesseg
                          • Mar 2002

Originally Posted by skribb View Post
                          Cool, I've never heard of Izotope before - gonna tryit out. I've always used OctiMax and Volume Logic (stacked). They are the best sound enhancers/DSPs for Winamp i've found.

Volume Logic is the successor to OctiMax but OM is a DSP and VL is a general plugin so they can be used in tandem. They're both by Plantronics (IIRC it was a small swedish developer who made the algorithm and was acquired by Plantroincs) but stopped being supported in 2010 or something.
                          It pretty much stopped being supported when the company was sold to Plantronics, which was long before 2010.

Leif Claesson, the developer, has kept very active since then. His "Linear Acoustic" processors handle around 85% of all TV now. He also has several processors with the #1 brand "Omnia" who does FM, AM, DAB, streaming, etc.

There's also been several flavors of "Breakaway" which is his consumer and broadcaster software audio processors for over 10 years now. The broadcasting versions have been unified into a single version that can have various combinations of licensing added to it, which you can find here: http://www.breakawayone.com/

The consumer version hasn't been updated to his new development framework yet, but you can still get that here: https://goo.gl/HiQ5rL ( claessonedwards.com ) for the silly low price of 30 bucks. To put that into perspective, a closely comparable broadcast audio processor from 20 years ago was $16,000 (one that's still used on the air in "hand me down" markets).

The next big update of Breakaway for consumers will likely be an APO so the users don't have to fiddle with buffer settings, routing through virtual soundcards, etc... which is over most people's heads. Not so much the people on this forum but the public at large yes.
                          Audio processing objects (APOs), provide customizable software based digital signal processing for Windows audio streams.

Cheers

Comment

• skribb
                            • May 2010

Originally Posted by jesseg View Post
                            It pretty much stopped being supported when the company was sold to Plantronics, which was long before 2010.

Leif Claesson, the developer, has kept very active since then. His "Linear Acoustic" processors handle around 85% of all TV now. He also has several processors with the #1 brand "Omnia" who does FM, AM, DAB, streaming, etc.

There's also been several flavors of "Breakaway" which is his consumer and broadcaster software audio processors for over 10 years now. The broadcasting versions have been unified into a single version that can have various combinations of licensing added to it, which you can find here: http://www.breakawayone.com/

The consumer version hasn't been updated to his new development framework yet, but you can still get that here: https://goo.gl/HiQ5rL ( claessonedwards.com ) for the silly low price of 30 bucks. To put that into perspective, a closely comparable broadcast audio processor from 20 years ago was $16,000 (one that's still used on the air in "hand me down" markets).

The next big update of Breakaway for consumers will likely be an APO so the users don't have to fiddle with buffer settings, routing through virtual soundcards, etc... which is over most people's heads. Not so much the people on this forum but the public at large yes.
                            Audio processing objects (APOs), provide customizable software based digital signal processing for Windows audio streams.

Cheers
                            Thanks a lot for the info, I forgot about Breakaway. Your post made me remember tho. I remember trying it out, but the virtual soundcard thing put me off it. I also recall it didn't sound any better than OM or VL (which might have been because of incompetence on my part).

Comment

• AudreyBlair
                              • Feb 2017

Winamp is currently a 32-bit program, so you need to install the 32-bit version of ffdshow, not the 64-bit version, regardless of whether your OS is x64 (64-bit version has "64" in the filename, 32-bit version doesn't, heh).

Comment

• motox22a
                                • Feb 2017

Agree with others...Winamp is already pretty much perfect (to me)...
                                But hey I'm kinda old school...

Comment

Working...
                                X