View Single Post
Old 27th June 2011, 23:31   #4
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you really should have replied with that information in a reply to the pm i'd sent with the authhash.

The thing is... the auth key didn't work with some configs and did with others, and it ended up working with the one I posted above. So I dismissed it as buggy and moved forward once I had a config that allowed me to connect. Based on the nature of the difficulty in getting this working on about as basic of an implementation as there is, I figured I would post this publicly so others may benefit.

Regardless, the ultimate problem is with the station not being listed. Last night using one of the other configs, it was listed, but upon checking in the morning I did not see it any more. Now, no matter how I start the server (as a service, different privileges, or as a console) it isn't listed. I can check a few minutes after starting the server, or a few hours and it is still not listed. The few times I did get it to list, it was available almost instantly, but again this was during testing and it was not repeatable consistently.

I don't see any errors in the server console window, aside from the following upon immediately starting the server:

E msg:[DST sid=1] SHOUTcast1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. SHOUTcast Directory Tester

This is followed by:

I msg:[YP2] Connected to The station should now be listed in the SHOUTcast Radio Directory (YP).

And after this things proceed as normal. So, I take the first error message as being erroneous and related to the server initially starting. I'll turn on debugging to see if that reveals anything noteworthy.
agentmith is offline   Reply With Quote