View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 03:09   #90
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Video Overlay Issues

Quote:
Originally posted by qreeves
Sorry if this is an already addressed issue, or if it is not welcome, but I have been wading through the forums for half an hour without much help. There's way too many posts and threads to sit here all day going through them all, even when using the search feature. I guess winamp should be proud it is so popular.

Sys specs:
- Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
- Winamp 5.03a (Clean install)
- GeForce FX 5200 w/ Detonator 6.14.0010.5303 (latest afaik) 128.0 MB 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
- HYUNDAI ImageQuest V770+ and NEC 13" TV
- SB Live! 5.1 Digital w/ 5.12.2.252 drivers
- AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
- 512 mb RAM
- Play TV HD cx288x TV Tuner w/ MK3 drivers
- DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902) previous 8.0 (XP Home default)
- VIA Technologies, Inc., KM266-8235, Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

I have had this problem for a long time (as long as I can remember) even with the old 2.x series (although now the video and vis is integrated it is slightly a different problem).

I use AVS and Winamp Video, ALOT. AVS is always running, but I have music videos in my playlist as well, which I play almost as much as normal music. My problem is, no matter what, AVS and Video always fight over the overlay device. AVS seems to never want to give it up (whether autoexecute plugin on start is enabled or not), the result is when I play a video, the overlay won't go fullscreen on my TV, the AVS stops, and the Video shows in the video window, but I can't seem to find any way of fixing the fullscreen overlay problem (updating drivers doesn't help).

What I believe should happen; When you play a Video stream, AVS should quietly and nicely go away (when sharing the same window) until it is ready to display the vis again (when I start playing regular audio again).

I would appreciate any help anyone could give us, as our life almost revolves around watching AVS and video though winamp (sad but true, that's just how good winamp is). I hope I have provided you with more than enough information, and should any wish to work along side me to rectify this problem (be it because they just want to help, or because they want to fix the plugin(s) and don't have the necessary hardware), I will provide my full support.
Update your Nvidia Card Drivers to 56.72 and see if that fixes the problem.