View Single Post
Old 11th November 2008, 04:23   #20
Hitchhiker427

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
just cannot take this thread seriously considering the little typo in the topic. but seriously (fnarff) there are far better players out there than winamp and especially in the case of the next versions of some of the more popular linux players that are coming. plus winamp on linux wouldn't be the same as winamp on windows so what's the point (since searching before posting threads about stuff that has been talked about before is rather tedious...)

-daz
Although the OP's assertion about the death of Windows is completely ridiculous, I must say that your post interests me the most.

I currently dual-boot between Windows and Linux, and I have had a very difficult time finding a music player that can compare to Winamp.

I've tried the more popular players like Amarok, XMMS/Beep/Audacious, Exaile, Rhythmbox, Songbird, Banshee, and (most recently) Listen. However, I haven't been able to find anything on par with Winamp, let alone "far better". I've been looking on and off for a while now, so hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

I've made a few posts on Linux forums, and so far, no one's been able to offer a Linux alternative that really satisfies me. The best I've been able to find is a nightly "unstable" version of Listen, but even this has no where near the features of Winamp.
Hitchhiker427 is offline   Reply With Quote