Clean install with no 3rd party plugins
Skin: Bug occurs with all of Bento, Winamp Modern and Classic skins

Locale: English US
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
DirectX 9.0c

Problem: Year info from ID3v2 tags is not read into the media library.

I discovered this when I noticed a lot of new MP3s I had added to my library were not showing a year. I checked the individual files and they had the correct year listed in the tags. I did a re-scan of my watch folders, but the years did not update.
So then I tried selecting the context menu option to read metadata for files that were not showing a year. This didn't work.
I checked the metadata for all my MP3s in three different tagger programs and verified they had years present. The year is present for bot the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tag of each MP3 file.
I then experimented with the settings for the MP3 decoder input plugin. I found that if I enabled only reading of ID3v1 tags, Winamp will correctly import the year from the MP3 files into the media library.

If the option to read ID3v2 tags is enabled, regardless of whether ID3v1 tag reading is enabled or disabled, Winamp will not correctly read the year into the media library. the year data is always blanked from the media library in those cases, if it was already present.

[Edit --> DJ Egg Egg]
We can't reproduce this.
Please supply us with a link to an mp3 file which exhibits the problem.
It happens with pretty much all the MP3s in my collection, which are ripped from my CDs. But I have some MP3s that are freely downloadable and they exhibit the same issue.
Try downloading Kyle Gabbler's "world of Goo" soundtrack.