• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkRH
    Major Dude
    • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
    Hi MarkRH,

I'm also running this skin with WACUP and don't see the corruption shown in your screenshot. Have you changed anything in the "Font Rendering" tab options?
    Not to my knowledge. Here's what I have:

Mark H.
    System Information | Old Winamp Info | WACUP Info
    Older MIDI input plugin that supports auto loading SoundFonts

Comment

• Aminifu
      Forum King
      • Aug 2011

I have the same selections as you, except I also have the 1st option enabled (which appears to be disabled in your screenshot).

I don't really know if it will make a difference, since I don't see your issue with that option enabled or not. Your issue may also be related to the Windows font handling options. Is this the only place where you see strange font rendering?
      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• PeterK.
        Quinto Black CT Developer
        • Sep 2016

Thank you very much for your kind words.

@Ariszló:

I forgot to mention that you have to create a transparent bitmap file for your background. So in a nutshell:

- create a transparent png file (using a program which can handle png file with alpha channel)
        - add alphabackground="alpha.background" to the <layout> (you may change the name if you please)
        - make sure the "Enable Alpha Blending" option is checked.
        - ( I also tried the "forcealpha="1" command in order to show the "About" window regardless whether the "Enable Alpha Blending" option is checked or not. But it did not work.)

That's it.

@Victhor:
        How am I supposed to add a http address to a new skin release while the link does not exist yet? I think "your" thread is the perfect place in order to catch some news or ask questions. And since you mention it: would it be technically possible to change the "starter/owner" of "your" thread and put my nickname in there?

@Aminifu:
        My "success" is based on your feedback! (which I also call "productive complaining"). And this is and always will be a clear win-win for all of us.

@MarkRH:
        I am sorry for those "corrupted" lines on your desktop but the fact that all other lines are displayed properly leads to a problem which seems to be not skin-related.

1) there are no issues on my both laptops (XP and Win10)
        2) you are at this moment obviously the only one having this oddity
        3) I compared my "Font Rendering" settings with yours and there is one difference: the first option is checked.
        4) I spoke yesterday with Dr.O and he did not mention any "weird looking" text lines. And I bet he has WACUP installed on his machine.

Hence I would not know how to help you right now MarkRH.

And I added a CLOSE button the the "About" window:

... which gets brighter once the mouse pointer is over it.

Attached Files
        Quinto Black CT

Comment

• MarkRH
          Major Dude
          • Nov 2002

I figured out my issue or at least a contributing factor. It's the Windows Theme. I run with a Windows Classic Theme. If I pick one of the Aero based themes then the text looks normal.

This is the only place I've seen the messed up characters like this, in any program. Why is it only that section of the About box that is messed up? Strange.

I can't check that first box regardless of the Windows Theme used so I'm not sure what might be blocking that. That box is checked in my normal Winamp but I get the same behavior with it.
          Mark H.

Comment

• PeterK.
            • Sep 2016

I just double checked the "About" window running the Classic Theme on XP and Window7 (in a Virtual Machine) and see no issues.

This is Windows XP:

... and this one is from Window 7

Attached Files
            Quinto Black CT

Comment

• MarkRH
              Major Dude
              • Nov 2002

I dunno then. Just not going to worry about it. Not going to break other things just to figure it out LOL. If you can't reproduce it, tough to correct it anyway.

If I drag the about window around I can make the pink bits shift around or disappear and sometimes get light blue looking things. Weird.
              Mark H.

Comment

• PeterK.
                • Sep 2016

@MarkRH:
                How did you get the yellow frame around the Preferences box? Is this your wallpaper?
                Quinto Black CT

Comment

• MarkRH
                  Major Dude
                  • Nov 2002

Go to Personalize -> Window Color at bottom and get this window -> Change Active Window Border size and color:

Only available with Windows Classic theme.
                  Mark H.

Comment

• PeterK.
                    • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by MarkRH View Post
                    Go to Personalize -> Window Color at bottom and get this window -> Change Active Window Border size and color.
                    Oh, I get it. Would you please set the Classic Theme to default and open the "About" window again.

P.S. Right now you have a yellow frame around an active window. Opening the "About" window makes it also active and the text line is over yellow background.
                    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• MarkRH
                      Major Dude
                      • Nov 2002

Using the default Windows Classic without any of my customizations, Windows 7 Basic, or High Contrast White themes will cause it. The High Contrast Dark themes don't do it.

Strange.

Oh, in case there is any confusion, happens in both my normal Winamp and Wacup so it's not something specific to one or the other.
                      Mark H.

Comment

• MarkRH
                        Major Dude
                        • Nov 2002

Well, I unpacked the Skin and played around a little. I changed the color of the text in the about.xml from 255,255,255 to color="229,229,208" and now I get this:

Still some slight off color pixels but it does look much better.
                        Mark H.

Comment

Working...
                        X