View Single Post
Old 9th May 2013, 17:40   #28
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
...unless of course, what is in the v2 tag is not part of the finite, default, v1 list.
That doesn't seem to affect the visual discrepancy issue. I gave a brief example in jph6t's thread to a similar comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
my guess all along has been that the alt+3 window needed to parse fresh the file in question on invocation, be it mp3 or flac, and I said so earlier in this thread. its very similar to a ratings issue where the rating did not show even when in the file, if it wasn't in the ML. parsing the file on playback instead of going to the ML fixed it. so if I am right, same thing would apply; only "alt+3" substitutes for playback. and care would need to be taken to be sure the left/right arrows (from jtfe?) caused a parsing as well, when alt+3 is invoked via double-clicking the playback scroller.
In this case, I think the metadata is read fresh (from DrO's comments), but for some unknown reason the displayed genre value is not updated.

But I agree that Winamp is inconsistent in when and how files are parsed. Sometimes even the related options are not followed. For example, I have selected the playlist editor option to read a file's metadata on load, display, or play. I also use a custom ATF string. Sometimes the full ATF string data is displayed on load and sometimes only on play. It seems to depend on how the file is added to the playlist.

Things like this I no longer complain about. Mostly because they have become very minor annoyances to me. When I did complain usually nothing could be done because of historical decisions in the Winamp design that would require a major code rewrite to change things. Anyway, I've come to accept small things (to me) like this as part of Winamp's personality.

OT warning:

I like these on or off topic back and forth discussions, if they don't turn testy and personal. Testy is fine, personal is not. I learn things from time to time. This time I've learned that the Alt+3 editor can be invoked by double clicking the playback scroll, I didn't know that.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system