View Single Post
Old 14th December 2001, 11:33   #31
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by markst
i HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EVERY THING EXCEPT THE ABOVE IN THE ASPI DEVICE BOX UNDERNEATH THE INTERFACE BOX. THIS IS A BLUE COLORED BOX. WHEN THE DROP DOWN BOX IS USED THERE IS NOTHING LISTED THERE. I AM UNABLE TO TYPE THE CD-ROM DRIVE + LETTER. WHEN I ATTEMPT TO GET FILES FROM MY CDR I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE; "ASPI FAILED TO INIT".
PLEASE GIVE ME DIRECTION, I FEEL THAT IAM CLOSE TO COMPLETING THIS ADVENTURE. [/B]
You don't have to type anything in the box. If your CD-ROM and CD burner are both installed correctly, then they should be listed in the drop down box. If they aren't there, than you don't have the ASPI drivers installed correctly - simple as that.

When you go to preferences (CTRL-P) -> plugins -> input -> CD Reader -> configure, what does it say in the "Drives" box??

You should have something like

F:\[ASPI]HP CD-RW 9100

or something similar. Is this what you see????

I'm still convinced that you need to install the ASPI drivers. Follow the instructions in the very first post TO THE LETTER.....

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote