Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xmuzack
    • Sep 2016

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Sabine Klare. I would love to check out your deviantART page. Do you have a link to it? It's not on your profile I see,

I'm about to share one more preset here, and then I need to study more on how to make presets and mashups better and cleaner. I'm very much a noob at doing this still.

Then I'll make a post for you without the zip files. Hope you can get that issue solved.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
      Forum Queen
      • Nov 2010

I feel happy to hear, that You are interested for my profile on deviantART, where I am with my artist-name Sternenmaschinebine:
      Check out Sternenmaschinebine's art on DeviantArt. Browse the user profile and get inspired.

And I am sure, You will like my gallery, my favourites and my journals, although I was not able to update my journals for a while (but I don't want to use the Stash Writer). But at least I am still focussed on my ideas as artist, and since some months these are random textures and desktop wallpapers. I have already some new ideas.

I myself have between 4000 and 5000 Winamp-Screenshots, but also many other good screenshots, and of course I cannot upload them all.

BTW, right now some good Dub Techno on YouTube is running, and unfortunately there is no Winamp in the computer-room. But at least there is the Butterchurn Visualizer for Firefox & Chrome.
      Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
      Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
      AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• xmuzack
        • Sep 2016

Last preset for a bit: high chemistry of life

Hi all, this will be my last preset for awhile cause I need to study the preset-authoring-guide more so I can get rid of mistakes I make. But I have this new preset that I want to share with you all. I had the texture as a background on my laptop for awhile now, and had the idea to Milkify it. The original background can be found here: original wallpaper

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to find unused bits of code in a preset?

It runs smooth on my cheap laptop, so there shouldn't be any issues running it. I also left the texture to be able to be stretched, warped and mashed to different sizes. Also, might not be to everyone's tastes obviously, but I wanted to try something very different with this preset.

xmuzack + martin + Flexi + Stahlregen & bdrv + fiSHbRAiN + Geiss + shifter - high chemistry of life

Place the bong1.jpg texture into your Winamp texture folder for this to work.

Have a good week Winampers!
        Attached Files

Comment

• xmuzack
          • Sep 2016

Thanks for the link, Sabine Klare. I'll check it out. Uh oh, my newest post is in moderation.

Comment

• xmuzack
            • Sep 2016

xmuzack's high chemistry of life preset

Hi all, I have this new preset that I want to share with you all. I had the texture as a background on my laptop for awhile now, and had the idea to Milkify it. The original background can be found here: original wallpaper

It runs smooth on my cheap laptop, so there shouldn't be any issues running it. I also left the texture to be able to be stretched, warped and mashed to different sizes. Nitorami, I have to say that I prefer my version of milkboom because the speaker shrinks and stretches to fit any sized window and the effects stays inside the speaker. I do thank you for teaching me about constraining an image size.

xmuzack + martin + Flexi + Stahlregen & bdrv + fiSHbRAiN + Geiss + shifter - high chemistry of life

Have a good week Winampers!
            Attached Files

Comment

• xmuzack
              • Sep 2016

Am I not allowed to post any more presets here all of a sudden? Also, I realized that if I try downloading my zip files from here, they don't finish downloading. So, Sabine Klare, it's not just you then, because I know my computer is fine and this is the only place I'm having problems with zip files.

I have my newest preset here: xmuzack's high chemistry of life and I'll upload the rest there and other presets I may do.

Sabine Klare, try downloading the zip from my deviantart page posted above and see if you can download from there. I hope that helps.

Anyways, take care Winampers!

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                • May 2016

I'm having the same problem as well, I just made a post with v15 of Star Forge and it seems to have went off to moderation and didn't appear. Is there a problem with virulent spam on the forums? BTW, great work on creating a preset that you can view for hours, hope you take it further and further and make it more and more enjoyable . The preset has a lot of dynamic range to the music that can be expanded on as well.

Edit: Try posting the milk file only, if possible. It seems that posts with zip files or images go to moderation.
                Creativity turned into madness. And then back again.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                  Forum Queen
                  • Nov 2010

Hello xmuzack,

from deviantART I was able to download the .zip-folder without problems. This means, I could download also new free downloadable music from Bandcamp or from the Internet Archive.

Now I know, for a while I will not post new images and new .zip-folders as attachments anymore. In my journal "Winamp forever - Music forever!!!" I have links to my own single-files and to my own .zip-folders, and sometimes I update them on Mediafire.

Fumbling_Foo, that's a good idea to post only the.milk-files for a while. For Your screenshots I suggest other websites, for example deviantART.

The latest posting of a .txt-file was on 7th July, and I was able to post it without problems in the thread "The day of reckoning for adobe flash moves closer":

BTW, You can read my thanks for one of the presets also here in "What are you listening to right now?":
                  All music all the time. For musicians and fans and critics and engineers and audiophiles and for anyone who's ever wanted to make a loud noise by strumming, blowing or hitting something.

Comment

• xmuzack
                    • Sep 2016

Hi Fumbling_Foo, thanks for the compliment. Looks like our moderation issues was solved. I need to learn patience, mods have lives too, lol. Sorry for the double post.

Sabine Klare, glad you were able to download from deviantart with no issues, so it has to be a small glitch here.

Nitorami, I realized that your clouds in your preset castle in the air was done by programing noise effects. Amazing stuff!

Comment

• xmuzack
                      • Sep 2016

Cassini’s last stand

On September 15, 2017, Cassini ended it's amazing mission to Saturn that lasted over 19 years. It's mission lead us to new discoveries about Saturn and gave us hundreds of amazing pictures of Saturn and it's moons. Cassini Wiki Now NASA has released Cassini's final moments as it crashed through Saturn's atmosphere in a milk file format.

Actually I was holding on to this preset for awhile until it was ready to be released. This is based on Nitorami's shape awesome coding found in the simple planet study preset. I had problems with at first due to a permanent blob shape in the bottom left hand corner of the screen in shape codes 1 & 3. I would get rid of it, but then everything would become extremely repetitive. It took looking at Nitorami's coding in the smooth spectrum analyser - mono 16 channels preset for me to begin to solve this. It worked, yay!

So, enough rambling, here's the preset: Works great with fast and slow music and even with silence.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                        Forum Queen
                        • Nov 2010

Astronomy belongs also to my own interestings, and I am very fascinated, if I hear about the next discoveries in the TV-news. And the computer-animated video-scenes about the other planets, nebulas and galaxies in the universe are so beautiful.

The beautiful slow flights over the planets which are neverending, I love them so much, and I could watch them again and again. We have some good planet-flight-scenes, with fluid and non-fluid surfaces. And after some volcanic surfaces we could visit also some ice-surfaces and the undersea-worlds, the oceans on the other planets.

I want to continue with my musical journeys over the Everlands already this evening...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                          Forum Queen
                          • Nov 2010

I had to rename Your newest preset from "xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassini’s last stand.milk" to "xmuzack + martin + derekwhitton95 + skipper - Cassinis last stand.milk", because Windows didn't allow me to copy the preset with the old filename into my .zip-folders. After doing that I have backed up again my .zip-folders from my PC onto the USB-Sticks and onto my notebook.

I had so many works at my PC, and then it was very late, I had to go to bed.

Next evening, next try with my musical journey over the Everlands...

Comment

• xmuzack
                            • Sep 2016

Organic movements

Add a texture to martin - fresco flash awesome preset, add what has quickly became my favorite piece of code: rot=rot+0.09*sin(time*-3.3+rad*11)*(1.3-rad) in the per_pixel section, and I am simply amazed at this preset. Can almost hear the shallow waves...

The things Milkdrop can be capable of. It actually looks like muscles moving organically underneath a layer of skin. Doesn't react to the music, but I set it as a screensaver on my second monitor by using the method shown here: Run Milkdrop without music and desktop mode fix. Awesome bit of coding by Nitorami that keeps on giving.

Sabine Klare, I too enjoy going on musical journeys. Maybe that's why I always have Winamp+Milkdrop running in the background.

Toss jellyfish.jpg in your texture folder and the milk file in with the presets and you should be good to go. Now don't step on the jellyfish, they might sting.

xmuzack + martin - creatures of the incoming tide.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                              Forum Queen
                              • Nov 2010

The jellyfish.jpg will go into textures and the preset will go into presets, of course. And now I am thinking of the beautiful movie "Deep Blue" and the beautiful serial "The Blue Planet" by BBC, with very good music by George Fenton, with very magic and mystic choirs (I have my music-playlist "Magic Choirs & Voices" on YouTube). I had seen these jellyfishes also there...

Currently I have good Dub Techno running on YouTube. Today I will have 1 less hour in the meeting-point, but this time I will have a longer weekend. Okay, then I could dive into the Deep Ocean and take a look again to all the beautiful lifeforms there.

Oceana, I will come...

Comment

• PsyQu1k
                                • Sep 2017

loll amazing, that deep Bioluminescent creature render surprisingly well dude.
                                Hope to see it react to music! that would be impressive and funny as F*beeeeep

don't give up on that "muscle" idea xmuzack

Comment

Working...
                                X