Windows 7 Taskbar Integration plugin v2.0 (14/11/2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • net-cruizer
    • Jul 2001

Sweet, thanx!!

Comment

• Good_Bytes
      • Oct 2003

Super cool!
      Congrads! I truly love it.
      Keep up the superb work you have done!

We might had to wait for Win10 for Winamp to have it integrated, I mean it still doesn't properly support Vista.

It has it's share of bugs, but I look forward for future versions.

Comment

• Saturn2K
        • Jun 2007

This is utterly fantastic. As for the cover art display, can you pull out the information about where the MP3 is stored? If you can get that, and have it search for the image in that folder, that should solve it. Even if you have to pick a predefined name and format for the album art, I'd gladly convert all of mine for this plugin.

Comment

• TheSaw
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Saturn2K
          This is utterly fantastic. As for the cover art display, can you pull out the information about where the MP3 is stored? If you can get that, and have it search for the image in that folder, that should solve it. Even if you have to pick a predefined name and format for the album art, I'd gladly convert all of mine for this plugin.
          I could get the image file in the folder, but lots of album art is embedded directly in the ID3tag. If loading it from the folder would be enough, I'll see what I can do.
          Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Comment

• Wildrose-Wally
            The Albertan
            • Mar 2001

Winamp staff doesn't accept my plugin because Windows 7 isn't officially released yet. Douchebags imo.
            Not only that, but you are also still updating it. We don't accept beta versions of plugins either.

Douchebags? Quite a way to make a favorable impression on the reviewers, don't you think?

Comment

• TheSaw
              • Apr 2009

Well ofcourse I update it, that doesn't mean it's not working. I'm just trying to make it better

You should review my plug-in based on the ... plug-in, not my attitude.

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Comment

• Saturn2K
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TheSaw
                I could get the image file in the folder, but lots of album art is embedded directly in the ID3tag. If loading it from the folder would be enough, I'll see what I can do.
                Oh yes, please start there . Truthfully, that would be all I'd ever need. The "Get Albumart" command in Winamp throws a jpeg into your MP3's folder.

Though, I have noticed that if you had an older albumart file in addition to the one Winamp downloaded for you, Winamp will know to use the one it fetched. I don't know if that's a timestamp thing or what, but maybe it keeps a database of chosen albumart somewhere.

If I were you, I'd ask other developers how they get albumart, because they also get the right one. For example, the classicpro widget Now Playing displays a large version of the albumart in its own tab.

Comment

• Saturn2K
                  • Jun 2007

Also, I made a background that people using Win7's default theme may like. I got this by taking a screenshot of the glass part of the thumbnail when it is over a completely white background and using that gradient. It gives the illusion that the backdrop is just a square that doesn't have transparency.

If it's doable, I'd like the option to use no background at all, and have it just sit on the glass. Also, being able to choose the font, the color of the shadow, the depth and direction of the shadow, and pretty much everything else would be cool

Eventually, it would be nice to be able to create almost a theme. Say, a little text file that, pixel by pixel, layed out where you would have everything, including the size and position of the albumart. I would like to be able to recreate the notification window of some of my favorite skins.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• TheSaw
                    • Apr 2009

Hm. I might not do that afterall, because I'm trying to write my own ID3v2 parser, that will extract the picture embedded in the mp3 file. For loading the .jpg I would also need some image format converting to .bmp, since it's the only format supported in Windows. This also makes creating the transparent background a bit tricky. There would be some workarounds to create the illusion of a transparent background, but I do not have the skill and time to manipulate those kinds of effects

About the "theme" file, I'll consider it. I won't make any editor for it, so you just open it, and write the values manually.

Comment

• Saturn2K
                      • Jun 2007

Hm. I might not do that afterall, because I'm trying to write my own ID3v2 parser, that will extract the picture embedded in the mp3 file. For loading the .jpg I would also need some image format converting to .bmp, since it's the only format supported in Windows. This also makes creating the transparent background a bit tricky. There would be some workarounds to create the illusion of a transparent background, but I do not have the skill and time to manipulate those kinds of effects

About the "theme" file, I'll consider it. I won't make any editor for it, so you just open it, and write the values manually.
                      I'm all for the parser, I'm only saying that many people just have image files in their album's folders for album art. Like I said, even if you make it a requirement that it needs to be a .bmp file of a certain depth and resolution, I'm sure people would like it.

Edit: are there apps to automatically insert your images into the id3v2 tags? I'll need to look into it.

And sorry for asking so frequently, it's about the biggest feature I could ever want. If I can work it out so that it just shows the song title beneath a square of albumart, it would be great. Doubly so if I can choose the icons for the playback control so they're thin outlines that would look good overlayed on the album art.

I'm sorry I'm throwing all this out, I only wish I could code myself.

In fact, if you ever feel like releasing the source code, I might move towards trying to get this in.

Edit 2: Also, doesn't Windows also accept PNG files? Whenever I've deconstructed theme files, it uses png files for pretty much everything. Then again, I'm not sure what the various limitations are.
                      Last edited by Saturn2K; 26 August 2009, 16:41.

Comment

• duntkno
                        • Sep 2006

very nice, thank you!!

Comment

• TheSaw
                          • Apr 2009

Okay, I found a solution to one of your suggestions, I'm working on it Stay tuned.

(Also rewriting all the code responsible for drawing the thumbnail )

Comment

• retchless
                            • Oct 2003

This is awesome!

Comment

• Wildrose-Wally
                              The Albertan
                              • Mar 2001

Well ofcourse I update it, that doesn't mean it's not working. I'm just trying to make it better

You should review my plug-in based on the ... plug-in, not my attitude.
                              I don't have to do a damned thing, and neither do other reviewers. Isn't volunteering a good thing, especially if you are called names for doing things right?

BTW, this thread should be in Winamp Development, not in Winamp Discussion.
                              Last edited by Wildrose-Wally; 26 August 2009, 22:12.

Comment

• retchless
                                • Oct 2003

Well, all I can say is that it's nice to see some people taking an interest in Winamp on Windows 7. So far, my Winamp experience has been less than favourable on that platform.

Oh, and Win7 was released in early August for use by OEMs and MSDN subscribers. Not to mention the multiple millions of users running the RC, which IMO is as stable as XP and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X