View Single Post
Old 20th August 2011, 14:23   #4
Mantulis87

omg finally an working solution with just single click, after wasting 5 hours of trying to fix it. So i am running windows 7 and wasnt able ever to use any of the modern skins. Was getting this script failure/guru meditation error. Usually to be able run winamp again I had to edit winamp.ini file by deleting skin preference, also by deleting studio.xnf has never fixed anything either. So i tryed several times completely removing winamp, then cleaning registry couple times with ccleaner and tuneup mainteance untill theres no errors left in it and doing registry defragment. Well, unfortunatelly it never worked. Appears it was related with compatibility, cuz mine was set on Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or 3 and I just changed it to Windows 7. Now all modern skins are working!

P.S. Windows 7 are so buggy, because ealier also had problems with compatibility... for example skype wouldnt go to tray icons when minimized but just sit on taskbar and by changing compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) fixes it xD

P.S.S. Thnx a lot DJ Egg - hopefully winamp tech fixes it, because I assume loads of people with w7 getting this trouble whilst using modern skins, since winamp on install is unable to determine correct compatibility.
Mantulis87 is offline   Reply With Quote